SUMMIT CHRISTIAN ACADEMY WATCH D.O.G.S. PROGRAMVolunteer Policy
PURPOSE: To ensure for the safety and well-being of the students, staff, and visitors by properly vetting all applicants for the Watch D.O.G.S. program at Summit Christian Academy.
POLICY: A primary purpose of the Watch D.O.G.S. program is to increase the number of positive male role models within the school environment. Only father figures who pass a standard background check as described in this policy may serve as a Watch D.O.G. at Summit Christian Academy.
A. Application Process 1. Applicants for the Watch D.O.G.S. program may apply using a paper registration form or by using an on-line form if available. The application process is a one-time process and the registration will carry from year to year.
2. Once the registration form is received by the Watch D.O.G.S. coordinator, a background check of the applicant will be conducted.
3. The results of the background check will be forwarded to school administration, who ultimately will make the decision to approve or disprove the application.
B. Background Check
1. A background check will be conducted on all applicants for the Watch D.O.G.S. program. The background check will consist of a computer check of the following: a. Missouri sex offender registry b. National sex offender registry c. Missouri court records (CASE.net) d. Basic Google check - The basic Google check will consist of entering the applicants name in a “Google search.”
C. Reasons for Denial
1. An applicant for the Watch D.O.G.S. program will be denied if any of the following relating to the applicant is uncovered during the background check or by other means. a. Any felony criminal conviction b. Any pending criminal charge c. Any sex related charge with or without a conviction d. Any other information uncovered that indicates the applicant may not be a positive role model for the students.
2. An applicant may also be denied for any other reason as the school administration deems appropriate. This decision will be made with the safety and well-being of the students in mind.
D. Records to be kept Records relating to the background checks will be maintained at the school by the school administration.
E. Right to appeal
An applicant does not have the right to appeal a decision made by the school administration regarding the applicants into the program.