MCDA Annual Conference 2020 - Program Proposal Form
Conference Theme: Holistic Career Counseling
Keynote Theme: "Career Counseling with Soul," by Skip Niles, Past President of NCDA
University of Maine Hutchinson Center, Belfast, Maine
Friday, June 19, 2020
We are looking for presentations that provide tools and techniques to help us work with clients in a more effective manner. Topics could include, but are not limited to the following:
Career Counseling as Social Justice Work
Re-framing perceived limitations to create the narrative of possibility
Intersecting diversity with the job search process
Does your practice promote career development and functioning of individuals of all backgrounds?
1. Submitted sessions must be 75 minutes. 4-5 workshops will be offered during each of the two breakout sessions. Presenters should feel welcome to submit more than one proposal if they would like to present on additional topics.
2. Proposal submission does not guarantee acceptance.
3. Bio and workshop content will be used in the conference program. You may be asked to edit or revise your proposal.
4. Preference for selection will be given to proposals that address or complement the conference theme, provide an interactive learning opportunity, and list the expected learning outcomes. Other topics of importance to career professionals will also be considered, with the same criteria.
5. Workshops whose primary focus is to sell a product or service will not be accepted.
6. Presenters are responsible for supplying and/or duplicating their handouts. An approximate number of workshop attendees will be given to the presenters a minimum of one week before the conference.
7. Presenters will be notified of acceptance after the March 2020 MCDA Conference Committee meeting. Please understand that we cannot provide presenters an honorarium, but invite them to participate in the conference as our guests free of charge.
The deadline for submission via this form is March 1, 2020!
Presenter Full Name
Organization Name (if applicable)
Short professional biography for the program - 100 words or less
Co-presenter full name (if applicable)
Co-presenter job title
Co-presenter organization (if applicable)
Co-presenter phone number
Co-presenter mailing address
Co-presenter professional biography for the program - please limit to less than 100 words
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bates College.