BCLL 2020-2021 Renewal Form
Boulder County Latina League 2020-2021 Scholarship Renewal Information
The mission of the Boulder County Latina League (BCLL) is to provide scholarships to college-bound Latinx students to help enhance their capacity to support a thriving local community and economy.
A. Deadline: March 10th, 2020.
1. This form must be submitted online and all documentation must be emailed to
NO LATER THAN March 10, 2020 by 11:59pm (MST).
2. Late or incomplete applications will NOT be accepted (see checklist at end of document). Unless you notify BCLL earlier about an emergency situation, there are absolutely no exceptions. This is to ensure fairness to all applicants.
B. Renewal Eligibility: Continuing BCLL scholarship recipients must:
1. Be enrolled full-time with a minimum of 12 credits per semester, 9 credits for community colleges.
2. Maintain a 2.5 grade point average, verified at the end of the academic year. If you do not have a 2.5 cumulative GPA, you must follow the appeal process explained below.
C. Required Documentation:
1. A transcript that has your name and student ID on the page, that includes your Fall 2019 grades.
2. A copy of your Spring 2020 schedule (that has your student ID on the same page) to verify full-time enrollment.
3. *NEW: A copy of the FAFSA student aid report (SAR) or let us know that you were unable to complete the FAFSA
4. IMPORTANT: All scholarship recipients are required to attend the Scholarship awards ceremony on May 20th, 2020 at Kittredge Hall (NEW LOCATION!) on the CU Boulder Campus.
SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS WILL NOT BE MAILED WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION:
D. Additional Requirements/Information that must be emailed to
by June 15th.
1. An updated transcript showing your full 2019-2020 academic year grades.
2. 2020 Fall class schedule to verify full enrollment.
Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the college or university. Scholarship can only be used for tuition.
E. Appeal for loss of scholarship.
If you did not meet the requirement of a GPA of 2.50 and the full-time enrollment requirement by May 20th, your scholarship will be cancelled. However, you may appeal the cancellation. To appeal the cancellation (The appeal is due May 20th but all material in section C [requirements 1 through 4] must still be submitted by the March 10th deadline):
1. Write an additional letter to the Latina League:
a) Describe how and why you did not meet scholarship requirements. Be specific (“I was ill” is not specific. Instead, describe how your illness affected your ability to meet requirements).
b) Write at least one full page on what changes you will be making in the upcoming year to ensure you will be able to meet scholarship requirements in the future. Again, be specific (“I will study harder” is not specific. Instead, outline the resources you will be using and how those resources will address your challenges is specific).
2. Obtain a letter of support from a faculty or staff member of your college or university which states how you will be connecting with support offered through their office or department that will aid you in attaining your 2.5 GPA and full time enrollment. Attach this letter of support with your appeal. If you don’t know of support offices at your University, contact the BCLL for support.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Boulder County Latina League.