The internship aims to:
• Provide an opportunity to interns, to put into practice and deepen their knowledge of development issues
• Provide the interns the platform to develop a more grounded understanding of community development and environmental issues and challenges in an Indian context
• Give interns an opportunity to learn researching, networking, project planning and implementation skills and operational aspects of development work
• Offer exposure to students and working professionals from varied academic and professional backgrounds. The interns get a chance to explore, know and contribute in important organizational work ranging from public mobilization, fact finding researches, field exposures and documentation, project ideas, learn the threads of HR, training and recruitment, organising events, online media skills etc
• Provide opportunities to strengthen, scale up and build volunteer-internship program
• Provide exposure for interns to take action and explore their own potential and leadership skills in the field of their work interest
• Enable them to transform into potential competent youth leaders, social entrepreneurs and volunteer actors after the internship program
The various project/work options are mentioned in the Form below, and there is scope for innovation and experimentation with novel ideas.
• Age 21 to 35 years of age
• Should be in university education / recent (post) graduate / youth professional
• Should be able to put in a minimum of 3-6 months
• Should give full time intensive commitment
• Should believe in values and principles of EcoDEVA and its affiliate parent organization, EduCARE India, that include – Youth in Leadership, Sustainable Development, Community Oriented and Engaged Work, Accountability, Secularism, Non-Violence, Environmental Consciousness, Cultural Empathy, Social Entrepreneurship, Volunteer action, Experiential Learning, Innovation, Working in Partnership
Duration in months 3 4 5 6
Fee (in USD) 1070 1190 1290 1370
There are only a few select positions for applicants who may commit an additional 12 months at work after their 3 - 6 months of internship. It is extendable upto additional 1 to 2 years.
The Fellowship award is given to individuals who showcase their positive learning attitude, self-organisation and time management, work ethics, leadership responsibility and sense of ownership in the organisation.
The Fellowship can start after 3-months for candidates with exceptional skills and previous similar professional work experience in management and leadership. However, generally the award starts after 6-months internship.
The Fellowship incentives include - free shared / independent accomodation, internet and communications, work-related transport, free two-week holidays to our selected / available destinations in India, reimbursement of the return leg of the economy ticket to home country, monthly stipend for local meals/food expenses and personal care items (not exceeding 9500 INR / $150),
Additionaly, an opportunity to make extra stipend-money (not exceeding $500 per month) by participating in online social business promotion and sales of eco-services / eco-products of our affiliate social enterprises (EcoVolunteerTravel, EcoStore, CIEEL courses).