Senior UX Designer
About the role
We are looking for a Senior UX designer with great deal of drive to create products and interfaces that are compelling and easy to use for millions of our customers across multiple markets.
Our talented and collaborative multidisciplinary team is made up of design, research, content and prototyping specialists. Together we align around our objectives to provide customer and business value. As a senior designer, you will be focusing on exploring and solving prioritised customer problems, pushing the boundaries of design whilst contributing to creation of best practices and maintaining consistent experience across all of Tesco web based products and services.
With genuine appetite for complex information, you will have experience in research and technical implementation as well as a passion and energy for design and visual communication of your ideas. Insights and data is what drives our team and you will use it to empower your decisions to support and enhance the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their evolving needs. You’re no stranger to web technologies and using these for creating in-browser prototypes. Optimisation tools will be your way of pushing the needle against your objectives and KPI’s.
As our ideal candidate, you're passionate about the understanding the customer and championing their needs whilst utilising your experience with design systems and processes focusing on speed and collaboration.
You will be responsible for
Represent the "User Experience" translate customer requirements into defined specifications and inspire the Engineering team to develop the right product delivering value to our customers and our business.
Use multiple sources of data as a research process to define what site’s primary objectives are and who are the primary customers for each of the objectives
Coordinate and conduct usability tests, card sorting exercises, stakeholder interviews and user polling to help inform and evaluate design.
Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features.
Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to Identify core customer missions, create user journeys and experiences that let our customers use our products seamlessly.
In addition, work across the company’s multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles while contributing in development of our design system.
Clearly present various stages of design development to business owners, team members and other stakeholders.
This role will best suit an individual who embraces unique skillsets of each team member and seeks team effort over individual achievements, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
The Role – Lead Product Manager (Basket Pricing APIs)
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
Reporting to the Head of Product Management for Price, Promotion and Stored Value, you lead a small team of talented Product Managers, and are accountable for a set of complex and company strategic services within the Products portfolio and would drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for them.
A master practitioner of Product Management, you are responsible for ensuring that your team contains the product management resources and skills required to ensure you can successfully execute the strategy and roadmap for your portfolio of products.
• Have accountability for a complex set of API products that involve multiple internal/external stakeholders, and drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for that by leading a team of talented Product Managers
• Understand your customers and their pain points really well and steer your team in the right direction by putting the best team members in the most value generating products/ business priorities
• Set clear goals and KPIs for your team members and periodically review all the KPIs owned by the team spanning across multiple products and provide feedback on improving those
• Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and opinionated team
• Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with your Head of Product and other stakeholders and proactively flag any risks or delays in your commitments
• Contribute in capability and capacity planning to Product Management for your own Product area to ensure capacity to drive work
• Build and nurture a great team of Product Managers for your Product, based on the business needs, strategic priorities assigned and level of focus required
• Carry out people routines for direct reports and develop talented people
• Identify and remove impediments to ensure your team is successful in delivering the committed deliverables
• Motivate the team by ensuring they have fulfilling roles, proper rewards and recognition strategies
• Conduct fair performance appraisals and provide constructive feedback for your team
• Collaborate with Head of Product to understand future demand and direction of your product
• Be responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed product KPIs improvements across all the products owned/ managed by your team
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Expertise in research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of front-end, back-end, and the software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required).
- Expertise in creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used throughout our design process to validate your solutions against customer needs while ensuring your solutions are technically feasible.
- Experience with data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test & Target, optimizely would be desirable, but not essential.
- Improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
- Work in partnership with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering to align design vision and activities with our business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or other related field.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Want to apply? Fill in the details below to apply through FATJ
Link to your CV / Linkedin Profile
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Find a Tech Job.