Company One Theatre Professional Development for Actors Spring 2020 Auditions
C1’s PDA program is designed to empower participants to be creative and collaborative, while developing their voice and building their skills. Like a skilled tradesperson, an actor needs to practice their craft, developing body, voice, and imagination.
This spring, we are offering two classes, both running Tuesdays 3/24 - 5/19.
The Actor’s Workshop
– Build on a strong foundation to develop skills in character development and script analysis with instructors Rosalind Thomas-Clark and Victoria Marsh.
– Hone your craft through in-depth work on several monologues and scenes, preparing you for auditions and the deep work of a potential role
– Participants who have completed this class have been cast both here at C1 and at companies around the city, including American Repertory Theater, Actors’ Shakespeare Project, Commonwealth Shakespeare Company, Fresh Ink Theatre, Front Porch Arts Collective, Huntington Theatre Company, and Lyric Stage Company
The Actor’s Toolkit
– A brand new class led by C1 Teaching Artist Deen Rawlins
– Strengthen the foundation of your craft as an actor by working inside-out and outside-in
– Drill down to the core of the text using imagination, voice, and body
– Build from a core inspiration through ensemble-based process of devising
**An audition for new students is required; returning students must re-apply but need not audition**
- One minute monologue
Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 6pm - 9pm @ Arts Resource Room, Calderwood Pavilion, BCA
Classes are at the BCA on Tuesday nights from 6:30 - 9:30pm, with the exception of dress rehearsals and the showcases
Classes: 3/24, 3/31, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12
Dress Rehearsal and Showcase, The Actor's Toolkit: Sunday 5/17
Dress Rehearsal, The Actor's Workshop: Monday 5/18
Showcase, The Actor's Workshop: Tuesday, 5/19
Preferred Audition Time
6pm - 7pm
7pm - 8pm
8pm - 9pm
How did you hear about these classes?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Company One Theatre.