Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
Welcome to the Eagle High School Mountain Bike Team! As a member of the Eagle High School Mountain Bike Team you agree to follow these trail and riding rules of conduct at all times, not just during NICA events or practices. As a NICA rider, you are representing the mountain bike community. Following these rules will help keep you, your team and your community safe.
Please read the Eagle High School Mountain Bike Team rules below. Then, check the appropriate boxes, fill in your name, click "I Agree" and submit the form.
1. RIDE WITH RESPECT. NICA requires all student-athletes, coaches and volunteers ride with a riding style of respect and safety. This includes taking personal responsibility for managing and controlling your own riding style and behavior at all times. Be mindful. Ride in control. Respect yourself, fellow teammates, your coaches, equipment, other members of the community and the environment.
2. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET. Under no circumstances should you be on a bicycle without a helmet fastened. This includes riding on your personal time, at practices, events and races. Student-athletes will be disqualified for riding without a helmet at races.
3. YIELD TO OTHER TRAIL USERS. Respect and yield to all other trail users. Always be prepared to stop. Always yield to the uphill rider if you are riding downhill. Ride with your eyes up and always expect to see other trail users around corners. Pull over with plenty of distance between you and other trail users. Make your interactions with other trail users positive. Always call-out or put a handlebar bell on your bike and use it!
4. PASS WITH CARE. Always be kind and polite. Communicate! Make sure other trail users acknowledge your presence before you attempt to pass. Always stop at a reasonable distance and ask for passing instructions from horseback riders. Horses can be easily spooked by bicycles. Mountain bike encounters can be very dangerous for horseback riders and horses of not handled properly.
5. STAY ON TRAILS. Riding off the designated trail damages fragile ecosystems. Never cut switchbacks - it accelerates erosion. Beware of the surfaces you are riding on and adjust your riding and braking style as needed. Do not widen existing trails to avoid mud. Ride or walk through deep mud sections and puddles.
6. RIDE ONLY AUTHORIZED TRAILS. Check with local authorities regarding open trails and conditions. Check with landowners regarding private land access. Do not ride trails closed to bicycles. Be aware bicycles are not permitted in state or federal Wilderness areas.
7. RESPECT WILDLIFE AND LIVESTOCK. Do not frighten animals. Give them plenty of space and never, ever approach wild animals. Carry bear spray as needed. Always close gates behind you.
8. DO NOT LITTER. Pack out what you pack in. Make every effort to pick up other people’s trash. Minimize your own impact(s) the best you can.
9. BE PREPARED. Be prepared to fix basic mechanicals such as flat tires and broken chains, and conduct simple bike adjustments. Carry and know how to use basic tools, including tire levers, a spare tube, a pump and a multi-tool. Check weather forecasts before you ride. Expect weather changes. Bring warm and waterproof layers and have at least one first aid kit in your group.
10. PLAN AHEAD. Leave word where you plan to go, when you plan to return, and follow your plan. Carry a light if you expect to finish a ride close to dark.
11. NO USADA BANNED SUBSTANCES. NICA student-athletes are subject to all U.S. Anti-Doping Agency rules pertaining to anti-doping. The use of performance enhancing substances will result in the immediate disqualification from a full season or the equivalent number of races. This includes using caffeine as part of your training or racing regime.
12. SOCIAL MEDIA. All EHSMTB Members shall abide by the following guidelines when using social media:
— When using social media always be positive and respectful, and always take the high road.
— Do not post content that would harm EHSMTB or damage EHSMTB's reputation. Remember that even while you are on your own personal time, you are a representative of EHSMTB, and people may interpret your online postings or social interactions as though they were official EHSMTB statements.
— Use good judgment when posting comments on any official EHSMTB sites. Bear in mind that your comments can create liability for EHSMTB. If you are unsure whether a comment is appropriate to post, either do not post it or obtain prior approval from the Team Director or Head Coach.
13. FOLLOW NICA RULES AND GUIDELINES. Review and adhere to the NICA Rules & Guidelines. If you are unsure of anything, ask a coach.
PLEASE READ AND CHECK THE BOX BEFORE EACH ITEM:
I will always ride with respect and within my ability. I will always ride in control.
I will always wear appropriate safety gear (helmet, gloves, weather appropriate clothing, protective eyewear)
I will complete my ABCD (Air, Brakes, Chain, Derailleur) bike check before each ride:
I will never ride alone in isolated areas.
I will always let someone know where I am riding, when I plan to return, and stick to my plan.
I will bring proper hydration and nutrition on every ride.
I will bring appropriate tools and parts, such as a spare tube or patch kit, tire levers, and pump.
I will not ride terrain or at speeds which are unsafe or beyond my technical ability.
I will not ride in unsafe conditions (trails with excessive exposure to drops and falls, unsafe weather conditions, or muddy trails)
I will respect my coaches, teammates, competitors, and other trail users
I will follow the rules of right of way
I will respect the land and the environment
I understand the use of performance enhancing drugs (list of banned substances available at U.S. Anti-doping website), including caffeine, is not tolerated at any NICA event.
I understand and will follow the NICA Rules and Guidelines. I also understand that failure to do so may lead to my suspension or expulsion from League activities.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service