CanAsian Dance GRIT: Short Dances
CALL to CHOREOGRAPHERS
CanAsian Dance commission and performance opportunity for Ontario-based choreographers
It takes a bit of grit under the shell of an oyster to seed the creation of a luminous pearl, and it is true grit, courage and resolve, that allows us to realize works of art.
Propose something you are curious about pursuing as a starting point for a short new dance work. Tell us a burning question or an idea, and an approach to dance-making that you feel will be generative in your research and dance-making. (Don’t worry about describing the dance in its final form, as we expect it will evolve through your creative process.)
- Propose a question or idea as a starting point for the creation of a short, 6 minute dance performance work.
- Integrate an Asian-based idea or practice*
- Open to dance creators from emerging to mid-career.
- Open to applicants of all races and cultural backgrounds.
* ‘Asian-based ideas and practices’ are broad terms and we interpret them liberally. Think philosophically, mathematically, astronomically, ancestrally, artisanally, geo-politically, paradigmatically, poetically, personally, behaviorally, socially, mindfully or critically. Consider power, processes, systems, structures, stories, songs, objects, artifacts and/or actions. Integrate with respect and perspective.
A proposal for the new work that fulfills the KickStart criteria above
Please include a vimeo or youtube link of recent work. Identify title, credits, cueing notes, password if applicable, and include a short statement on how it represents your proposed work.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service