Bexar County Academy Charter School Parent Survey: School Reopening 2020-21
Planning for the reopening of our schools in the 2020-21 School Year is happening now, and we need your feedback.
Please respond to this short survey. Consider what options are best for you and your family based on the information you have today regarding the COVID-19/coronavirus outbreak. Your responses will help us plan for several scenarios in case we are unable to operate under a traditional school setting. Thank you for your help.
1. How many children will attend Bexar County Academy this coming 2020-2021 school year?
2. What grade(s) will your child (ren) attend next year? (Mark all that apply)
3. If students are allowed back on school campuses - either part-time or full-time - I would choose:
To send my child to school part-time, with distance learning (i.e. learning from home) on the other days.
To send my child to school full-time.
To homeschool my child.
To have my child stay with distance learning, completing online schoolwork from home with teacher monitoring and other supports.
To have my child stay with distance learning and do schoolwork using paper learning packets, with teacher monitoring.
4. If the public health rules call for a reduced number of students in classrooms (i.e. social distancing), we may need to employ a hybrid or blended model of instruction which includes some distance learning time with in-person classroom time. If this becomes our requirement for any part of the upcoming school year, which option best suits you?
Students attend a half-day program (either morning or afternoon) that meets five days per week with online supplemental supports.
Students attend only two days each week and then supplement with online supports on the other days.
Students attend for only certain circumstances or classes (hands-on classes, special needs classes, small group tutoring) and learn at home for other content.
I have no preference.
5. If we return to school in August in any of the previously mentioned hybrid or blended models, would this present a childcare issue for you on the days or times when your child would not be in school?
NO, my children will not require childcare as long as they are on the same schedule.
YES, I would need childcare during the week on days or at times when there is no school.
6. If you answered YES to question #5, please select the situation that best describes your childcare needs.
I would only need childcare if school operated on a half-day schedule in order to accommodate social distancing inside classrooms
I would only need childcare if students attended less than five full days of the week in order to accommodate social distancing inside classrooms.
I will need childcare support no matter what schedule the school district is forced to utilize.
This does not apply to me.
7. If distance learning must occur, select the practices which would enhance your child's learning experience.
Live direct instruction with a teacher online.
Daily schedule of expected interactions.
Paper learning packets based on district curriculum with teacher monitoring.
In order for this to be more meaningful, my child would need more frequent feedback and a manner to assess progress.
No change, as distance learning has been working for my family as is.
8. What are you most concerned about as you consider whether to send your children to our school?
Social distancing is not realistic.
Children obligated to wear masks.
Sick individuals possibly coming to school.
My child has existing health problems.
Siblings need to be on the same schedule.
Distance learning did not work for my child (ren).
School setting is not sanitary enough to feel safe.
I do not have any COVID-19 concerns.
9. Do you have internet service at home?
10. If you do not have internet service, will you provide your address so we can geographically identify areas that need service and potentially provide assistance?
11. Do you have any constructive criticism or suggestions for us concerning issues that are within our control?
12. If YES, please share with us any other information that you would like to provide at this time.
By checking the box below, you are providing your signature, indicating that all the information on this form is true and accurate, to the best of your knowledge.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Charter Schools Administration Service.