AVCon is Adelaide's premiere Anime and Video Games Festival, taking place every year in the Adelaide Convention Center during mid-July. Starting out as a small one day event at Adelaide University, it has grown into a full weekend filled with games, panels, screenings, international guests and over 20,000 attendees.
The media pass, among other things, grants free entry to the entire AVCon weekend, with special permissions to interview and record patrons and guests*. To apply, you must show proof of your relevant qualifications and proof of your association with the media organisation you represent.
Complete this application if you wish to obtain a media pass for AVCon 2019, applications close on June 5, 2019.
Once applications have closed, please allow up to two weeks for applications to be processed. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by June 19, 2019. You may be informed of your applications approval or rejection earlier depending on the date you apply.
Media/Press Pass Conditions
1. Applicants must supply the following with their application before issuance of a media pass is considered: a. Examples of prior work via url, pdf or video/ image file, b. Proof of association with said representing organisation, c. List of equipment that will be used, d. Proof of relevant qualifications
2. Media passes are not transferrable. Any media passes transferred to unauthorised persons will be removed.
3. Passes shall apply for the entirety of the public AVCon convention.
4. Media passes and credentials shall be plainly exposed to view whenever the persons to whom they are issued are using them.
5. Team AVCon Incorporated will not be responsible for any loss or damage to equipment used by Media Pass holders during the AVCon convention or associated events.
6. The applicant accepts all risks associated with the use of the media pass.
7. The applicant will follow instructions from Team AVCon Incorporated staff, as well as the Adelaide Convention Centre staff and security. This includes instructions regarding filming, photographing, and setting up equipment inside the parameters of the Convention Centre.
8. The applicant agrees to promote/reference AVCon in any and all published works where the media obtained at this event is used and send a copy/link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Team AVCon Incorporated reserves the right to use any works produced from the event in its promotions and/or publicity with full credit of works given to their owner and without charge unless otherwise formally agreed upon. Ownership of works is otherwise retained by the media pass holder.
10. Team AVCon Incorporated shall make reasonable accommodations to allow media pass holders effectively to use photographic, video, or other equipment relating to their reporting of the event.
11. Possession of a media pass does not allow the holder to enter a private area without the express consent of a Team AVCon Incorporated staff member.
12. Team AVCon Incorporated reserves the right to refuse applications on any basis.
13. Media passes may be removed at any point by Team AVCon Incorporated on any basis.
Applications will be reviewed and acceptance/denial notifications will be sent out before June 19, 2019. AVCon reserves the right to revoke Media/Press passes at any time if we believe the pass holder to be misusing the pass; examples of misuse are as follows: • Misrepresenting a media company.• Harassing Guests, Attendees or any AVCon personnel.• Recording of Guest panels.• Breaking the agreed upon terms of the Media Pass agreement outlined above.
Internet access to the AVCon connection will not be granted to Media Pass holders. There is good coverage at the convention centre and streaming or posting should not be an issue if you are using a smartphone or laptop with a portable wifi device.
Please note that once you have been shortlisted for an AVCon media pass, you will be contacted in regards to the amount of content you intend to produce, and a minimum amount will need to be agreed upon by both AVCon and the pass holder/media organisation they represent. This is a precaution against abuse of the media pass system by applicants. The minimum agreed amount will be an absolute minimum and will not disrupt your existing plans.
If you have any questions about this application or anything related to these passes, please send them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Permission to interview or record/ photograph guests is given on a case by case basis. Media Pass holders must apply to interview guests prior to the convention. A separate application will be sent to all approved Media Pass holders.
If you have not received information regarding your application by June 19, 2019, please contact email@example.com