OVERFLOW #008: Open Mic Signup Sheet
This is the sign-up form for people interested in showcasing their music during the Open Mic portion of OVERFLOW #008.
Rules + Restrictions:
- All submissions will be reviewed and considered by an Event Organizer, but an Open Mic slot is not guaranteed.
- Acts will be selected based on how faithfully they incorporate chiptune elements.
- An Organizer will follow up on individual submissions on a case-by-case basis to confirm a slot. Submissions for Open Mic slots will be reviewed collectively about a month prior to the date of the show, both to allow for a collection window for submissions, as well as to allow adequate time for selected Open Mic artists to prepare their music.
- Open Mic slot time for each artist depends on how many artists are vying for a slot. Organizers reserve the right to limit the number of featured Open Mic artists in order for adequate performing time for each artist. Generally we aim for 6 to 10 minutes per Open Mic performer.
- In order to facilitate quick turnaround time and to feature more open mic artists, All equipment must be provided by the artist, and relevant gear must be able to be set up / disconnected quickly. A rule of thumb is, if it's something that you can plug a 3.5mm or 1/4-inch jack into in a matter of seconds, then it's fair game. Occasional exceptions can be made for more complicated setups, provided the setup is fully described in the description at the time of the open mic submission.
- You must perform only music that you personally have produced. Covers of other music is permitted; just don't try to pretend that you can take sole credit for the song. Straight-up playing somebody else's song without significant alteration is a big no-no.
Hey, basically just try to have fun yeah? In any case, we totally appreciate your participating in this and sharing your music with us!
- OVERFLOW Staff
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Artist name / Nickname if applicable. (We will try our best to preserve spelling / capitalization as much as possible.)
Describe your music in one short paragraph.
Have you got links to your music? Paste any relevant URLs here.
Describe your live setup in full. Include the quantity and type of audio outputs that you will need.
Anything else we should know before you submit these answers to us?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service