Computational Medicinal Chemist
Acellera, a leader in computational chemistry software and services for drug design, is looking for outstanding individuals to join the drug discovery group in Barcelona and contribute to drug discovery collaborations.
Founded in 2006, we were one of the first companies worldwide to leverage the use of novel accelerator processor technology (GPU). We collaborate with major Pharma companies and our software is used by hundreds of users both in academia and industry. Our team is focused on delivering state-of-the art applications for computational drug discovery via Playmolecule, the first platform to offer molecular dynamics and machine learning applications for drug discovery with a specific focus on drug design.
We do not have support roles at Acellera. Our computational scientists and developers work together to deliver results. We welcome team members who enjoy helping others solve problems.
This position is for you if you are a computer-aided drug design enthusiast, you have experience in computational medicinal chemistry and you would like to work in a team to apply cutting-edge computational approaches to the advancement of drug discovery projects.
Please be aware that you need to have a working permit that allows you to WORK IN SPAIN before applying to this position.
● Actively participate in collaborative drug discovery projects acting as key contact for technical discussions with external collaborators.
● Provide computational chemistry/modeling support to active drug discovery projects (e.g. Interpret SAR and suggest which compounds to prioritise for synthesis).
● Work closely with the internal software development teams to improve Acellera drug discovery technologies
● Engage in cutting edge scientific research, both internal and in collaboration with customers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience you need to have to apply to this position:
● Proficient in Python
● PhD in computational chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry or alike, preferably with postdoctoral experience
● Experience in structure-based drug design and a good understanding of protein-ligand interactions
● Additional experience in at least two of the following molecular modeling areas: virtual ligand screening, computationally-driven lead optimization, ligand-based drug design, molecular dynamics, homology modeling, cheminformatics or ADMET/QSPR.
● Excellent English communication skills
● Full time, permanent contract. Start date Q4 2019 or early 2020.
● A competitive salary, aligned to market practices and cost of living in Barcelona.
● Flexible environment with a good balance between professional and personal life.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Acellera Ltd.