This application is intended for undergrad students who are currently enrolled at either the; University of California, San Diego (UCSD), San Diego State University (SDSU) or at California State University, San Marcos (CSUSM). The minimum-time applications are due by 5:00pm on Friday, March 13, 2015. The application deadline may be extended if necessary.
Before you begin the application process, please note that you CANNOT SAVE the application once you have started. There are several short answer questions which may require more time than you have available in one sitting. We strongly recommend that applicants review the Sample Essay Questions at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5WwuqIUnp1eeTBHLXljdG1wcjg/edit and prepare responses to the short answer questions in a separate word processing program before proceeding (responses prepared outside this form may be cut and pasted into this application). There is no character limitation so write as much as necessary to adequately answer each question.
Before You Apply, Make Sure You Qualify….
• All JusticeCorps applicants must be 17 years or older, a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States with a high school diploma/GED. Eligibility documentation must be presented if an applicant is invited to participate in the interview stage of the review process.
• All JusticeCorps applicants must pass a San Diego County security check, a live scan fingerprinting conducted by the San Diego Superior Court Human Resources Department and a National Sex Offender Public Registry database check to qualify as an AmeriCorps member. Applicants who reside out of California at the time the application is submitted are also required to clear a background check from the current state of residence, in addition to the live scan performed in San Diego.
• JusticeCorps members are required to complete 300 hours of service (this includes training workshops, service days in the community and reflection sessions held during some weekday evenings and weekends). The program start date is September 19, 2015. Hours will be completed by the end of the student’s academic year (May or June). Please make sure your schedule is flexible enough to accommodate these requirements.
• Participants must provide continuous service throughout the entire program year (September – May/June). Students planning to study abroad or take a break in the middle of academic year or during intersession will not be accepted into JusticeCorps.
• Participants must attend orientation to be held during the weekend of September 19-20, 2015. Applicants who cannot attend both days of orientation are disqualified to participate in the program.
• Students must be able to maintain a 3.0 GPA.