Applicants must include the following materials:
- A one to two page statement of purpose outlining your interests in East Asian studies and motivation for pursuing the MA.
- A transcript of your undergraduate work so far at UVa.
- A writing sample, such as an academic paper on an East Asian topic that reflects your intellectual interests (10 to 15 pages total).
- Two Letters of Recommendation from persons familiar with your academic work in advanced East Asian-related courses at UVa.
Please submit (or have your letters of recommendation submitted) to the East Asia Center via one of the following methods:
1. Submit all documents as clearly labeled attachments via email to email@example.com. Submit all documents in a clearly labelled envelope to the East Asia Center mailbox in New Cabell Hall 156.3. Mail all documents to:
Graduate AdmissionsUVa East Asia CenterPO Box 400781Charlottesville, Va22903
NOTE: UVa students do not need to submit an application through the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, nor do they need to submit GRE scores.