The Queer Alliance & Resource Center is opening up applications for interns for the Spring 2014 semester! The following intern positions are open to assist the following officer roles:
- Operations: Shall clarify and figure out all the logistics of the social based events. These tasks include, but are not limited to the following: reserving and researching event spaces. Working with Media, Education and Finance Coordinators on event creation. Working with the different organizations and spaces under QARC to create a community calendar to be published on queer.berkeley.edu. Keep and manage a list of office hours for QARC. Be a signatory for QARC.
- Media Coordinator: Shall create publicity materials, such flyers, posters and general QARC advertising, and coordinate the distributions of said materials for Queer Alliance & Resource Center and other related events and resources. The Publicity Manager shall be responsible for the creation of Facebook events and the maintenance of QARC’s web and social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Queer @ Berkeley, tumblr, and queer.berkeley.edu). The Media Coordinator will be expected to post on at least one of QARC’s web and social media presence once a day. Shall coordinate with the Queerstorian to upload pictures no later than 30 days after the event has occurred.
- ASUC Liason/Finance: Shall be a signatory of QARC in order to handle financial matters. Shall be responsible for tracking ASUC budgeting deadlines in addition to completing create the budget for QARC every Spring semester and turn in the mid-year report during the Fall semester. Shall be the point person for the community in financial matters, should an organization have questions about creating a budget, applying for AAVP grants or about getting reimbursed for an event, this officer shall be the person to contact. Shall work with Logistic Coordinator and Education Coordinator on funding possible events. Shall coordinate key card access with the EVP to streamline the process and ensure maximum usage of the QARC space and apply for space at the end of every school year until New Eshleman has been erected.
- Queerstorian/Secretary/Hxstorian: Shall take minutes at the QARC meetings and post the minutes to the QARC list-serve, attach it as a file on the Facebook group, and post the minutes t the queer.berkeley.edu page for transparency. Shall physically archive the minutes in a binder to be kept at QARC for reference purposes. Shall maintain the queer community list-serve. Shall add names to the queer community list-serve. Shall send out announcements made during the QARC meeting to the queer community to ensure that the knowledge and activity within the QARC space is visible and transparent with the larger community. Shall photograph, archive event flyers, etc. of every queer event throughout the year. Shall be a signatory for QARC.
- Education Coordinator: Shall communicate with different organizations/spaces at the beginning of each semester, if not in advance, to keep up to date on what organizations/spaces are planning to explore collaboration opportunities. The EC shall also create, coordinate and execute QARC-initiated events, discussion, forums, etc to support community building, activism, education and access to resources.This shall include at least one large-scale community-building event (not including Queer a la Mode and Queer au Lait) each semester. The EC will also coordinate educational and resource-based events with GenEq, including but not limited to National Coming Out Week, Ally Week, Asexual Awareness Week, Trans* Awareness Week, and Queer Awareness Days. The EC shall form a committee consisting of two other people to assist in the planning of NCOAW, QAD and other events at the discretion of the Board.
- External Affairs Coordinator: Shall work with local organizations to build connections outside of campus to broaden the community’s on campus resources and capabilities. Shall work with the Education and Operations Coordinator to create events in collaboration with local organizations. Shall work throughout the year to provide Berkeley students with a compiled list of off-campus resources.
- General Intern: Shall assist all the above roles as an "at-large" intern.
INTERNS APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY NOVEMBER 29TH AT 11:59:59PM! Intern interviews will take place during RRR week. Additional information will be provided in a later time.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns; please email the Board Director, Vy Hoang, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best of Luck!