Each lesson is designed to have you watch the short video BEFORE taking the quiz. In this way you will be more likely to retain the information in this lesson.
Your results will immediately be emailed to you. Keep these emails for your record so you can prove completion of this lesson. When all lessons from both the Old and the New Testament are completed you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Bible Literacy. Contact us at
with final results.
If you like the book of 1 Thessalonians, you might want to learn more. Click the following link to go deeper in the book of 1 Thessalonians:
1. First Thessalonians is probably the earliest letter we have from Paul.
2. Why did a persecution of Christians break out in Thessalonica?
People didn't like the songs during the worship service
Christians were preaching a different king besides Caesar
The Jews were dressing like pagans
Everybody was eating bacon on the Sabbath
3. Despite persecution, the Christians in Thessalonica were...
Walking instead of running
4. For the Christians in Thessalonica, transferring ones allegiance to King Jesus...
Came with great delight
Came at a cost
Included being accepted in political circles
5. Paul tells the Thessalonians, "We were happy to share not only the good news from God, but...
Our very selves as well
The money we received from Jerusalem as well
The good news of the walls of Jericho as well
The great white throne judgement as well
6. Christian leadership is about what?
Driving people to follow the rules
Relationships and loving service
7. Paul encourages the Christians in Thessalonica to experience the beauty and power of sex...
In the haven of a committed marriage relationship
By rejecting marriage
In the pagan temples
8. Following Jesus means a commitment to...
Loving and serving others
9. According to Paul, not even death can separate Christians from the love of Christ.
10. Following Jesus produces what?
A counter-cultural way of life
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service