CARAS Membership Form
Membership in CARAS keeps you connected to researchers and work in the area of alternative sexualities, especially sexualities that do not get much attention, investigation, support or space in most academic and professional settings.
Membership includes access to research support and guidance resources, help in reaching out to alternative sexuality populations, mentoring, and assistance with IRB issues.
Services offered by CARAS:
* Community Advisory Board review and endorsement of research projects, if project designs meet ethical and excellence criteria - and guidance in improving research design to meet these criteria. Community review and endorsement can go a long way in establishing one's project as high quality and can facilitate institutional IRB review at your home institutions.
* Mentoring of graduate students and professionals in both clinical and research areas
* IRB - Human Participant Protections review and approval if ethical and excellence criteria are met - and guidance in improving research design to meet these criteria. CARAS has a federally recognized IRB committee.
* Periodic updates on important trends and events in the field of sexuality research as it relates to alternative sexualities
* Opportunities to present research in a variety of formats, forums, and platforms.
CARAS Membership Categories and Rates
Professional is limited to active or retired researchers and clinicians in relevant fields of study or practice. The basic requirement for professional status is a graduate degree in a research or clinical field. Individual exceptions due to noteworthy contributions in an area of scholarship or clinical practice may be approved by the Executive Director. Professional participants must use their legal names in organizational activities.
Student is limited to currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students age 18 and over. Students are considered "pre-professional" members and must use their legal names in organizational activities.
Community memberships are available to any person age 18 and over who wishes to support CARAS activities. Community members must provide their legal names and contact information in their application but may elect to use pseudonyms in all CARAS activities.
Lifetime memberships are available for Professional and Community members.
Professional Member $50.00
Student Member $30.00
Community Member $30.00
Lifetime Member $1,000.00
Phone number or alternative contact information
Affiliation, if any (by affiliation, we mean an organization, private practice, university, professional school, etc,)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of CARAS - Community-Academic Consortium for Research on Alternative Sexualities.
Terms of Service