Rule 6 Quiz
1. Team A is ahead by 4 goals or less and the ball is loose in the midfield area. At 2:00, the official yells "Get it in" to Team A and begins a 10 second count.
This is incorrect procedure, the official must wait until Team A gains possession before starting any count.
This is the correct procedure.
The official should only do this if the goal differential is 12 or more.
None of the above are correct
2. While the ball is loose in the crease, A1 interferes with the goalkeeper. How should this situation be handled?
Immediate whistle, free clear for Team B
Flag down, slow whistle. 30 second technical foul on A1
Play-on, if goalkeeper gains possession, play-on is over. If he does not gain possession, award ball to Team B
No call, legal play because the ball is loose
3. What is the call when a player commits an action that impedes the movement of an opponent?
4. A1 has the ball behind the goal and before he feeds the ball to A2 in front of the crease, Goalkeeper B1 checks A2's stick out of his hands. What is the proper procedure for the officials?
Flag down, Slow whistle. B1 serves 30 seconds for interference unless Team A scores during slow whistle.
Play continues - This is a legal play
Immediate whistle. B1 serves 30 seconds for interference.
Flag down, Slow whistle. B1 serves on minute for unsportsmanlike conduct.
5. Player B1, who is playing defense on A1 (in possession of the ball), has his mouthpiece "fish hooked" in his mouth. What should the official do?
Flag down, Slow whistle. Player B1 serves 30 seconds unless Team A scores
Immediate whistle. Throw flag. Player B1 serves 30 second penalty for Illegal Procedure
Immediate whistle. Player B1 gets a warning for not wearing mouthpiece
Flag down, Slow whistle. Player B1 serves 1 minute, non-releasable foul.
6. Which of the following situations is holding permitted?
Using the crosse to hold the crosse of opposing player who is within 5 yards of a loose ball and not in possession of the ball
Using a hold check that exerts no more than equal pressure on opponent
Using the crosse to hold the crosse of opposing player in possession of the ball
Using the portion of the crosse between the players hands (no more than shoulder width apart) to apply equal pressure to the torso of opponent
All of the above are examples of legal holds
7. What is the call when a player that delays entry into the field to gain an advantage?
No call, legal play
Delay of game
8. Hard shot taken by player A1. In trying to make the save, the ball causes Team B goalkeeper's crosse to break, but the ball still enters the goal. What is the proper call?
No goal, Award ball using Alternate Possession
No goal. Award the ball to Team B
No goal. Award the ball to Team A
Goal is good, Face-off at center
9. Stalling rules apply to the winning team when a team is winning by how many goals in the final two minutes of the game?
Applies no matter the score.
4 goals or less
6 goals or less.
5 goals or less.
10. B3 is in possession outside the crease and attack player A1 runs through the crease. What should the official do?
Flag down, slow whistle. A1 serves 30 second technical foul unless team B scores a goal during the slow whistle
Play-on. If team B maintains possession, the play-on is over
Flag down, Immediate whistle. A1 serves 30 second technical foul
Flag down, slow whistle. A1 serves 30 second technical foul regardless of the outcome of the play
11. What is the call for a player who takes a dive or feigns a slash to the head or body, to deceive an official to draw a penalty?
1 minute Unsportsmanlike Conduct
No call, Legal play
1-3 minute Unsportsmanlike Conduct
12. What is the call if a team has 7 players in the offensive half of the field?
13. What is the call if the player in possession of the ball uses his free hand or arm to control the direction or movement of an opponent's crosse?
14. While in possession of the ball, a coach is using a megaphone to communicate with the players on the field. What should the officials do?
Nothing, this is legal
Stop play, Throw flag. 1 minute Unsportsmanlike Conduct served by In-home
Conduct foul - Turnover
Flag down, Slow whistle. 1 minute conduct foul.
15. Which of the following will end a stall warning that has been put on by the officials during the 2nd quarter?
The quarter ends resulting in a faceoff
A shot hits the goal keeper or his equipment
The defense gains possession
All of the above
16. Player A1, in possession of the ball and has both hands on his crosse, uses his hands or arm to push the body of B2, the player applying the check. What is the call?
No call, this is a legal play
Warding off - award the ball to Team B
Personal foul - 2 minutes served by A1
Warding off if B2 falls to the ground
This form was created inside of Owen J. Roberts School District.