• Advance the mission of Pizza Klatch.
• Actively promote the mission of Pizza Klatch, contributing ideas and expertise.
• Keep up-to-date on developments in the field of youth support and LGBTQ+ issues.
• Be informed about Pizza Klatch’s mission, services, policies, and programs; inform others about the organization, and work to enhance the Pizza Klatch's public image.
ENSURE DIVERSE AND MULTI-GENERATIONAL LEADERSHIP
• Actively seek out diverse and multigenerational voices to guide board decisions
• Include youth voice at all levels of the organization.
• Advocate for appropriate training, procedures and policies that ensure respectful dialogue between and across diverse groups and confront oppressive behavior.
SELECT THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOLLOWING PIZZA KLATCH POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
• Provide ongoing support and guidance for the executive staff.
• Annually review performance.
ENSURE EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATIONAL PLANNING
• Determine and monitor Pizza Klatch’s programs and services.
• Participate in the development of a strategic plan to accomplish the mission, oversee its implementation and evaluate its success.
ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN ALL BOARD ACTIVITIES
• Attend in person or by phone monthly board meetings.
• Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
• Monitor and respond to email correspondence
• Serve on a committee and periodically take on special assignments.
• Suggest nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and to Pizza Klatch.
• Assess the board’s performance annually.
ENSURE ADEQUATE RESOURCES
• Manage resources effectively.
• Carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of the board, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements, selecting an auditor and receiving the auditor’s report.
Follow all Pizza Klatch policies and procedures.
Board of Directors
• Our bylaws currently state 4 years, but this may be up for board vote soon.
• Board Members are eligible for reelection
• Monthly 2 hour meetings;
• 5-15 additional hours per month required for committee work and other board commitments.
President of the Board