The session will start at 9am and will end by 1pm.
Date: April 17, 9am - 1pmLocation: 400 Broadway St, Cincinnati 45202
Reminder this is a high school only event with limited space. If you sign up, you are expected to attend.
2. Project Management Office (PMO)We will provide students with an overview of what Enterprise Business Analysts (EBAs), Business Analysts (BAs), and Program and Project Managers do. We will share with students the purpose of the PMO and how that is achieved. Students will meet current members of the PMO to share what their college internships were like and education considerations.
3. Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC)Ever wonder how a cybersecurity team functions to defend against cyber attacks? Please join the W&SFG Cybersecurity Operations team as we go over the technology and processes we use to help protect the W&SFG environment, including continuous monitoring, forensics, threat intelligence, and vulnerability management. Furthermore, you will learn about the numerous different ways to have a successful career in cybersecurity!
4. Server ManagementStudent's shadowing with the Technical Operations - Server Management group will experience: • A brief overview of the team’s responsibilities and introduction to some members.• Some discussion around how we manage our servers and storage (and how a Fortune 500 company might be different from a small company)• Discuss our network, how our field offices connect to our centralize data center and remote connectivity options for those away from the Home Office• Quick overview of disaster recovery and what that looks like for not only a Fortune 500 company but also a regulated financial firm• How we’re using “the Cloud” today• A tour of our data center
5. Mainframe Enterprise SystemsThe INTERalliance student will meet with senior Systems associates that manage both z/OS and z/VM operating systems and learn the following: - Overview of systems events – via Correlog system.- Overview of system monitoring – via Computer Associates Sysview system and Velocity system.- Overview of application discovery and eclipse functions and how deployed here at WSFG for application programmers.- Meet operations technical staff – explain their role in maintaining WSFG and LLIC production systems.- If they have already not toured the computer room – show them the actual computer and storage hardware that the team manages.
6. Information Management - Database AdministrationStudents will meet with several members of the Information Management team to understand how they work with data, from defining data models, supporting application development teams & data scientists, to database administration.
7. Service Management Office - Service DeskINTERalliance students will meet with Level 2 associates to get a better understanding of the normal daily operations and how they interact with the Enterprise. Level 2 is responsible for remediating software and hardware incidents, application tasks, and requests that are assigned by either the business units or another IT team. This entails having a high-level understanding of over 500 applications. Level 2 is also responsible for software installations and hardware deliveries such as keyboards, monitors, and mice. They image, provision, test, and deliver Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers to all Home Office associates.