(1) Go to the "Participate" tab, accept the rules, go to "Get data" in the left side menu, scroll down. Complete the pre-requisites by downloading the datasets of Round 1 and 2. It is OK to put them all in the same directory. [datasets round1 are needed for the hackathon, round2 for this homework - good to get both now]
(2) If you already have Anaconda, update such that you have those versions or more recent ones: scikit-learn 0.15.2, numpy 1.9.1, scipi 0.14.
To update Anaconda, type at the prompt:
conda update conda
conda update anaconda
conda update scikit-learn
conda update numpy
conda update scipy
(3) You can also use any text editor. The Spyder editor coming with Anaconda can be started with the Anaconda launcher.
(4) If you use the Spyder editor, just press the green arrow. This should create a subdirectory res/ with the results. The program run.py takes input_dir and output_dir as arguments, but if you have made the change of step 8., you don't need any arguments, you can just run "python run.py" at the shell prompt, else: "python run.py /path_to_data res"
(5) Zip should Include metadata, run.py, lib/ and res/, but not the data.
(6) Go to the "Participate" tab, then to "Submit/view results" in the left side menu.