1) Do you support a push to cut at least $100 billion from the Pentagon budget that would not reduce military pay or benefits — as has been proposed by Rep. Barbara Lee in H.R.1134, the People Over the Pentagon Act? *
2) Feel free to add any thoughts or further explanation on the Pentagon budget. (Eg: Are there particular programs you would spotlight for potential reduction or elimination? If not $100 billion, how much?)
3) Do you support or oppose a robust, bilateral, and lasting ceasefire in Gaza?
4) Feel free to add any
further thoughts or explanation about the Gaza war.
5) Do you support or oppose current plans to replace and upgrade the entire U.S. nuclear arsenal at an estimated cost of $2 trillion over the next 30 years? *
6) Despite the serious obstacles, do you support proactively intensifying diplomatic efforts to end the current War in Ukraine in order to prevent further massive suffering, worsening war devastation, and possibly even nuclear war? *
7) Feel free to elaborate on what you think the U.S. approach to the Russian invasion of Ukraine should be.
8) Given 8 years of U.S. complicity in the war on Yemen
— which has killed nearly 400,000 people and set back human development in the country by over two decades
— would you support generous humanitarian and reconstruction aid to reinforce current diplomatic developments in the region? *
9) Do you support efforts to hold Saudi Arabia accountable for its numerous human rights abuses domestically and in Yemen, by leveraging U.S. support and weapons sales to them? *
10) Do you support stopping U.S. funding from being used to help the detention of Palestinian minors in Israel — as has been proposed by Rep. Betty McCollum in H.R. 3103, Promoting Human Rights for Palestinian Children and Families Living Under Israeli Military Occupation Act? *
11) Would you support increasing Congressional oversight of sanctions policy and, if justified, waiving, or eliminating some sanctions? *
12) Do you support eliminating all military-grade equipment transfers from the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies to police departments? *
13) Do you support increasing U.S. funding for diplomacy, international development, and similar uses of “soft power” that would increase U.S. capacity for leadership on peaceful prevention of war and violence? *
14) Is there anything else you would like to say about your approach to foreign policy, whether to add on the topics mentioned above or on other topics (Eg: Iran, North Korea, AUMF repeal, refugees, human rights, U.S. militarism, etc).
If you have made public statements, written articles, or taken formal positions on any of the issues mentioned above or on other foreign policy or national security issues, feel free to link a few examples.
Checking the below box verifies the candidate has authorized the answers above to be submitted as their own. *