DL Platform Approval Application
The State Supplemental Service Distance Learning Grant coordinates DL platforms/curricula approval for state-wide use:
1) For DL platforms in which unit completion determines proxy hour awards, we make recommendations to the state ABE office regarding approval, based on review of completed applications.
2) For platforms with built-in time-on-task tracking features which determine proxy hours, all platforms that are ABE appropriate will be approved when a complete and adequate approval form (this form) is received and reviewed. We need to collect and report basic information on these platforms to inform the field via the MNABE DL website:
Please complete this form for either type of DL platform. Email
with any questions.
*Please note: We do not accept applications from publishers; we only accept them from MN ABE program staff.
* At present, we cannot approve teacher-created content/lessons/curricula.
***COVID-19 Disruption Note 3/20/20***
We anticipate an increase in these DL platform applications during this time when schools are shut down and direct service is interrupted. In light of the increased workload of DL staff, please read this BEFORE you submit a new form.
Please keep in mind MDE ABE's recommendations:
Serving students safely (and at a distance) is more important than worrying about counting contact hours.
This is a great time to explore new ways to serve students. Support (with pay) your staff in developing new ways to serve students.
Some of the ways you might serve students may not count for ABE contact hours and that is okay!
More info here:
1. Please consider exploring, learning, and using one of the many already-approved DL platforms. There's lots of resources for you to get started here:
2. If, after exploring the already-approved platforms, you find that none of them meet your needs, please be as complete and thorough as possible in your responses. This will prevent the need for multiple follow-up emails if DL staff have questions about your application, which can lengthen the approval process and time.
3. Please submit a screencast (
) in or with the application that shows how to access or run relevant reports from the admin/teacher side for time on task or proxy hour collection.
****Thanks for reading this far!****
* = Required response
Name of DL platform
For teacher-developed curricula, please list author(s):
Year of most recent edition of platform:
ABE instructional delivery models for program (check all that apply)
Hybrid (class and independent)
Distance only (independent)
Brief description of program (subject matter, target audience, skills developed, etc.)
URL for program
Is the program accessible via smartphones/tablets?
Is there a cost to use this program?
If yes, what is the cost or pricing structure? If possible, please provide a link to their pricing page.
CASAS or TABE score required/recommended to use program.
Which type of proxy hours are requested for this program?
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service