Please read the following:
SAFER SPACES POLICY
While it is not intended as a strict set of rules, it is a vision and an experiment that we hope to observe for both the duration of the the SOS conference and the Post-SOS Road Trip.
What we need to do to create a safer space: ● Respect people’s physical and emotional boundaries.
● Understand that this is no space for violence, for being intolerant of someone’s religious beliefs or lack thereof, for being creepy, sleazy, racist, ageist, sexist, heterosexist, transphobic, whorephobic, queerphobic, ableist, classist, sizist, or engaging in any other behaviour or language that may perpetuate oppression.
● Always get explicit verbal consent before touching someone to prevent crossing personal boundaries.
● Be respectful in organising spaces. Don’t talk over others or interrupt. If you disagree with someone, engage in respectful debate.
● Be responsible for your own actions. Be aware that your actions do have an effect on others.
● Take responsibility for your own safety and get help if you need it from the grievance team or organisers.
Please read the full policy here: http://www.studentsofsustainability.org/policy.html
ROAD TRIP GUIDELINES
Be aware: Follow the safer spaces policy
Be responsible: We will all be sharing responsibility for a lot of the daily tasks and decisions, be prepared to help with cooking and cleaning up, packing up camp and taking part in consensus decision making.
Be prepared: Make you sure you pack well. It will be freezing and quite possibly wet. Be prepared with appropriate clothes and camping gear. If you are taking medication, make sure to take enough with you for the whole tour.
Please come to the post-SOS Road Trip prep chats during SOS - time will be in booklet and announced after morning Plenary.