The festival programme features video poetry-related lectures, workshops, round tables, discussions, presentations of international contests and festivals, as well as a demonstration of the best examples of Ukrainian and world videopoetry, a competitive program, an awards ceremony and other related projects.
One of the projects is a new nomination for International poetry films within the framework of CYCLOP festival. The list of international jury: Alastair Cook (Filmpoem Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland), Zata Banks (PoetryFilm, London, United Kingdom), Javier Robledo (VideoBardo, Buenos Aires, Argentina), Alice Lyons (Videopoet, Sligo, Ireland), Sigrun Hoellrigl (Art Visuals & Poetry, Vienna, Austria), Lucy English (Liberated Words, Bristol, United Kingdom), Polina Horodyska (CYCLOP Videopoetry Festival, Kyiv, Ukraine) and Thomas Zandegiacomo (ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival, Berlin, Germany).
5. CYCLOP International Videopoetry Contest
1 August - 30 September 2015
Rules and regulations:
1. Films of up to 10 minutes duration that are no more than two years old (January 2013) may be entered.
2. There are no limitation about subject and language restrictions. All films that are not in English must have English subtitles.
3. Video can be performed in any techniques using any necessary equipment (video, animation, flash etc).
4. By sending your film, you confirm that the film may be shown at the CYCLOP Videopoetry Festival. The artist must have all property and screening rights.
5. Each artist can send more than one work.
6. All videos must be sent with the following characteristics:
File format: .MOV or .AVI.
Standard: PAL. Codec: H264.
Resolution: HD - 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 (16:9) / SD - 640 x 480 (4:3) or 640 x 360 (16:9)
The closing date for entries is 30 September 2015.
All entrants will be informed by e-mail of the results of the call for entries from Oktober 2015 on. Please make sure that your e-mail address is correct.