Welcome to our new facility. Our new fitness lab is a multi-use facility which will be used exclusively by upper school students and staff. We have invested in a range of new equipment to ensure we can offer an innovative sports science testing facility combined with modern fitness studio.
If you are in years 11, 12, 13 or a member of staff you are welcome to use our new facility free of charge. You will need to complete a PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) prior to attending an induction. There is some specialist equipment now accessible in the new fitness lab so please read the ‘lab rules’ and risk assessment prior to your induction.
Just to clarify, here’s the process to become a member;
• Complete an online PAR-Q
• Read the rules and risk assessment and provide an online signature
• Attend an induction and be issued with a membership card
Please note; the information provided for the PAR-Q will be kept in a secure folder and will only be accessible by A More (for staff) and PE staff for students.
Once you have completed the online PAR-Q and signed the online risk assessment / gym rules we will email you with an induction date. The induction process will work as follows;
• November - staff and 6th form
• December onwards - Year 11 students
Rules - please read carefully
• All those who wish to use the fitness lab must complete a PAR-Q, read the risk assessment and rules and attend an induction run by a qualified member of staff.
• Access to the Fitness Suites is gained by obtaining a membership card post induction
• Do not allow friends access to the gym to either use the equipment or for a conversation.
• Do not pass your membership card onto any other user of the facility or allow access to the facility by others.
• Use the floor equipment safely as demonstrated on your induction
• Warm up and cool down appropriately. You will be shown how to do this on induction as a compulsory part of any ‘fitness lab’ session.
• Keep your membership card on your person at all times to avoid others taking or using it.
• Wipe down all machines after use to ensure a clean hygienic environment.
• Report any breakages or damaged/faulty equipment to the PE department immediately.
• Do not obstruct the fire exit at any time. There are two fire doors.
• All equipment should be returned to its proper place after use.
• Wear clean clothing and appropriate indoor footwear. It is recommended that loose fitting shorts and t-shirts or tracksuits should be worn.
• Use the equipment in the way that it has been demonstrated to you or for the purpose for which it was intended.
• Ensure that all activities are performed safely. Any activity that could harm either yourself or others should be avoided.
• Only sealed plastic drink containers are allowed into the facility. Food should not be taken into the rooms.
• Phones, ipods and other electricals are the responsibility of the individual student / staff.
• No student is allowed unsupervised in the fitness lab at any time
Failure to adhere to these rules and regulations can result in a ban from the Fitness Lab