ILC Online ESOL Placement Test
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU BEGIN AND TAKE THIS TEST ONLY ONCE!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE TEST:
1. Please read the stories below and select the correct answer. The symbol "[. . .]" means the continuation of the previous sentence.
2. ONCE YOU ARE DONE WITH THE TEST, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO
TO LET US KNOW. Thank you!
Which City and Department (or State) do you live in?
Are you an English teacher?
Are you a medical student, nurse or doctor?
Name of the person who referred you
Your full name
1. He sang that song last week, _____________?
2. My name is Laura. I work during the day and go _________ school at night.
3. I _____ as a manager.
4. ______ boss is very kind.
5. Everybody likes __________ very much.
6. I study nursing at school. I like _________ to school early. . .
7. [ . . .] to school early so I can study by _________before class.
8. The class is difficult so I _______ study hard
9. [. . .] study hard if I ________ do well.
10. After class, _________ friends and I usually go out for something to eat.
11. Last night we ___________ to a restaurant
12. [. . .] to a restaurant _________ our school.
13. We like to go there because it’s ________ place in the neighborhood
14. [. . .] the neighborhood, and the food _____ good.
15. I usually order ___________ and a hamburger.
Cup of coffee
A cup coffee
A cup of coffee
16. This restaurant _________ the best hamburgers in town!
17. Steve and Barbara recently moved to an apartment in the city. They have lived in their new apartment _______two weeks.
18. Before that, they ___________ lived in a house in the country.
19. Since they moved into their new apartment, they _________ very busy.
20. Although they enjoy __________ in the city they sometimes wish they stayed in the country.
21. Yesterday, Barbara received a birthday card. It was ___________ by her friends Linda and Paul.
22. Today is Barbara's birthday and she is sad. If they were still living in the country, they ________ a party.
23. Barbara told Steve that she ________ their old friends.
24. Steve called all their friends, but no one was at home. “I don’t know where _________ ,” said Steve.
25. Suddenly they heard a knock. Steve opened the door and saw Linda, Paul, and their other friends. "We ___________ have called, but we wanted to surprise you,” said Linda. “Happy Birthday!”
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service