Thank you for your interest in covering the Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) on September 26 - October 11, 2019. This application has 3 SECTIONS (Important Information, Details and Coverage Plan). Please fill out all required fields and submit this application on or before August 23, 2019.
If you are applying for more than one person (journalist, camera, producer, etc.), please note that you must submit individual applications for each member of your team.
1. VIFF grants a limited number of complimentary media passes for all Journalists who publish or produce content on a regular basis for established outlets. If you are a freelance journalist, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Photographers must also be on assignment. Spec photography, portfolio photography, and personal website photography are not valid assignments.
2. To be considered for media accreditation, the applicant must be directly and actively involved in the coverage of VIFF 2019. Only actively covering, legitimate media will be considered for credentials. If you are a social media influencer, please apply for the Social Media Influencer credential.
Analysts, Market Researchers, Marketing / Advertising firms, Brand Content Producers, Publicists, Consultants, Media Coaches, Educators, Filmmakers, etc. are not included in our definition of media.
If you are a publicist representing a film in the festival, please contact email@example.com to coordinate efforts with the Media Office and request a guest pass (if needed).
3. We take your coverage plans into consideration when reviewing your application to cover VIFF 2019 and expect coverage to be thoughtful, insightful, informative and consistent with your stated coverage plan. Preference will be given to media in good standing who can provide both advance and post event coverage. We do not consider social media posts or event calendar listings as media coverage.
4. The number of media passes provided per outlet will be based on its reach, and most importantly, coverage plan for VIFF 2019.
5. Your accreditation status will be advised in writing via email on or before SEPTEMBER 3, 2019. Once you receive notice of approval for your accreditation, you are considered as an official media guest of the festival and will be expected to deliver on your stated coverage plan.
6. Accreditation passes will be available for pick-up onsite (specifics to follow) and are NON-TRANSFERRABLE unless an arrangement was made with the VIFF Press Office in advance of the event. Please be advised that only accredited media will be provided with media passes at the Press Office. Walk‐up media accreditation requests during the festival is strongly discouraged.
7. Your accreditation will give you access to all regular festival screenings (including Press & Industry screenings prior to the start of the festival), all industry directed events, talks, panels and sessions. It does not permit access to Gala screenings or parties.
8. VIFF reserves the right to approve, deny or revoke accreditation. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
9. Photos and B-roll will be available to all accredited media by the afternoon of September 4, 2019. Access instructions will be included in your accreditation confirmation email, which will be sent on or before September 3, 2019.
10. ALL ACCREDITED MEDIA MUST PROVIDE CLIPS OF THEIR COVERAGE BY NOVEMBER 8, 2019 TO BE IN GOOD STANDING. Only media in good standing will be accredited for future VIFF events.