Carefully read the following before completing your grant application.
The Walking Classroom is a non-profit organization and we rely heavily on outside funding to enable us to get our sets of Walking Classroom materials to educators who request them. We are working as hard as we can to secure underwriting and grants; however, our wait list continues to grow and now numbers at over 250 teachers and out-of-school time professionals.
Please note: Our program is best suited to upper elementary (grades 3-5) and middle school (grades 6-8) students. In fulfilling grant requests, we look for schools or sites serving those grade levels where there is the greatest need, socioeconomically and academically. As well, those schools who have not yet received granted sets take priority. This is a competitive process, and consideration is paid to those applications which are complete, filled in correctly, and include thoughtful responses to the open-ended questions.
School District (full district name)
School/Organization Street Address
County (yes, county -- not country!)
School/Organization Phone Number
Title 1 School?
We highly encourage sharing of class sets among teachers so that more students can benefit from the program. We prioritize applications where class sets are to be shared. Do you plan to share your class set?
If so, name of teacher/facilitator with whom you will be sharing:
If so, e-mail of teacher/facilitator with whom you will be sharing:
Type of School/Organization
Boys & Girls Club
What is your title?
With what grade level do you work?
Primary Grades (Kindergarten to 2nd Grade)
Middle Grades (3rd to 5th Grade)
Middle School (6th to 8th Grade)
High School (9th to 12th Grade)
Which program would you like?
Complete Program (167 podcasts covering language arts, social studies, and science topics)
STEM (a compilation of STEM-based topics from primary program)
How did you learn about The Walking Classroom? Use the next question to elaborate.
An educator already using The Walking Classroom
Another friend or coworker
At a conference
Tell us more! Share the name of the person, conference, news outlet, or the focus of your web search which brought you to our website.
How much could your school/organization contribute toward the purchase of the program?
Why do you think The Walking Classroom will benefit your students?
300 word maximum
How do you plan to incorporate The Walking Classroom into your teaching/program?
300 word maximum
How will you inform others of your participation in The Walking Classroom if you receive a donated set of materials?
300 word maximum
Are you a blogger or do you follow any educational blogs?
Please list blogs you recommend.
Describe some of your personal and professional activities and achievements that might distinguish you from others applying for a donated set of Walking Classroom materials.
300 word maximum
You must agree to all of the items listed below in order to submit this application. A full adopter agreement will be sent upon the awarding of a classroom set. Requirements include:
1) My school and/or district administrators know of and approve this application.
2) I will regularly incorporate The Walking Classroom program into my instruction throughout the school year.
3) I will publicize that I have received a donated set of Walking Classroom materials via social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) newsletters, local news, etc. I will notify The Walking Classroom of all of this fantastic outreach.
4) I will email high-resolution digital photos of my class using the program to The Walking Classroom. I take full responsibility that any submitted photos that contain visible faces of children will have photo-release permission. These photos will become the property of The Walking Classroom and may be used in websites, blogs, and other materials.
5) Within three months of receiving the materials (and after walking many times), each of my students and I will send hand-written thank you notes to the donor of our Walking Classroom materials.
6) I will participate in The Walking Classroom blog several times throughout the year by posting comments and/or providing a guess blog post.
7) I will complete all surveys (online) that are sent to me during the regular school year to track my students' progress with The Walking Classroom.
8) I will arrange to have all of my students complete an online survey at the end of the school year within two weeks of receiving the link to the survey.
You must agree to all statements above in order to submit your application.
I agree to all of the above statements and understand that if all of these terms are not met within three months of receiving the donated set of materials, I will return all Walking Classroom materials at my school’s expense so that other teachers are able to take full advantage of the program.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service