HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT A
58) One of the most important attributes of a company is
A) the accounting procedures and software used to bill guests.
B) the educational level of management.
C) a solid historical background.
D) a positive reputation.
76) All channels available between the hotel and the target market that increase the probability of getting the customer to book a reservation is the
A) people mix.
B) service mix.
C) distribution mix.
D) process mix.
52) Which one of the following is not information collected for a guest hotel database?
A) type of hotel room normally preferred
C) telephone number
67) Most travel agencies make their money by
A) charging fees to consumers for their services.
B) earning commissions from hotels, airlines, car rental firms, cruise lines, etc.
C) selling travel insurance sales.
D) persuading consumers to accept higher rates.
56) Employee absenteeism at a hotel
A) has a direct impact on the guest experience.
B) cannot be avoided.
C) increases synergy for the team at the hotel.
D) has no impact on the guest experience.
88) A company that sells high-ticketed industrial goods for large convention hotels will make the greatest impact with
C) sales promotion.
D) personal selling.
63) Safe working conditions at the hotel are regulated by which federal government agency?
99) Cold calls designed to turn the sales force out en masse to telephone or visit as many potential customers as possible are called
84) Perishable inventory, fluctuating demand, and low variable costs are reasons for the hotel industry to:
A) firm price strategy
B) penetration price strategy
C) use a selective discounting price strategy
D) skimming price strategy
82) An unethical issue involved with personal selling is
A) bait and switch.
B) posted room rates during the busy season.
C) group package pricing.
D) discounted rates during shoulder periods.
95) What is a major goal of sales promotion?
A) create word of mouth for the organization
B) communicate it clearly to your employees
C) increase guest satisfaction
D) break even with promotional costs
71) All of the following affect ethical behavior except
B) leader-follower relations.
C) the situation.
D) personality traits.
85) The earliest phase of a hospitality sales program is
A) implementing solutions to support value-added products.
B) presenting and recommending solutions.
C) gathering information about customer expectations.
D) monitoring results to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction.
60) Fringe benefits
A) are equal for full-time and part-time employees.
B) always involve financial amounts.
C) are important to employees.
D) must be paid by employers.
81) _____ hotels practice environmental conservation.
64) Federal law requires employers to pay overtime for any hours over 40 worked during a specified work week. Overtime is:
A) 2 times the regular hourly rate.
B) 1 1/2 times the regular hourly rate.
C) 1 1/4 times the regular hourly rate.
D) 3 times the regular hourly rate.
62) Who is responsible for ordering, receiving, and storing hotel supplies?
A) front desk supervisor
B) general manager
C) executive housekeeper
D) IT specialist
80) International travel
A) makes up the biggest percentage of U.S. hotel business.
B) has diminished due to weak economies.
C) has little impact on U.S. hotel business.
D) makes up an important percentage of U.S. hotel business.
98) ____ is the first step of the sales process.
78) International tourism
A) involves domestic travelers.
B) has become increasingly important for the hospitality industry.
C) is not directly associated with international business transactions.
D) is not impacted by exchange rates.
69) The safe deposit box in a hotel room
A) is theft proof.
B) is not secure.
C) can be opened by housekeeping.
D) is an amenity.
68) Hotel leisure rates
A) are offered only on websites like “Hotels.com."
B) are offered during high-volume seasons.
C) are offered for shoulder periods.
D) discourage family travel.
74) The average business traveler takes _____ business trips per year.
54) Delegation of hotel duties
A) decreases productivity.
B) increases employee morale.
C) decreases employee morale.
D) leads to employee boredom.
What is your name?
75) The senior population
A) are less demanding than business travelers.
B) avoid both hard and soft adventure travel.
C) has a disproportionate ratio of women to men..
D) are spending less on leisure travel compared to past years.
73) When we use unethical behavior, we often justify the behavior to protect our ____ so that we don’t have a guilty conscience or feel remorse.
86) When negotiating hotel rates, it is important to monitor body language, speak respectfully, and to
A) listen carefully.
B) plan message responses.
C) make concessions.
D) avoid eye contact.
90) The part of personal selling in which one sets an appointment to see a client and prepares information for that client is known as the
53) The difference between what the customer expects and the product/service they receive is called:
A) satisfaction rating.
51) Hotels that earn high rankings
A) depend primarily upon the physical facility.
B) recruit good employees who need little training.
C) establish and train consistent policies of customer service.
D) have employees who focus solely on their tasks.
79) Jet lag
A) is an international flight more than three hours late.
B) rarely affects international travelers.
C) cannot be caused by hotel policies.
D) is caused by a disruption of the body’s daily rhythms.
83) Airlines have countered rising costs with all of the following except:
A) bag fees.
B) preferred dismissal from the airplane fees.
C) special seating fees.
D) increased number of meals served to passengers.
87) A new customer moving into your area is a(n)
61) Job shadowing is
A) not available for high school students.
B) an Internet privacy issue.
C) following a worker to learn about his or her job.
D) usually a paid internship.
66) Employee performance is evaluated in relation to a company’s
65) Staff development
A) is necessary due to changes in technology.
B) is fully taken care of through orientation.
C) is rarely upbeat.
D) should be optional for employees.
94) During a shoulder period,
A) hotels will decrease room rates.
B) hotels will charge rack rate.
C) hotels will raise room rates.
D) hotels have 100% occupancy.
93) Who has the ultimate say regarding the decision to buy, and may veto the sale even when all others have said yes or may approve the sale when all others have said no?
C) final decision maker
77) Seniors like limited service hotels for all of the following reasons except
A) luxury services.
B) reasonable prices.
C) free hot breakfasts.
D) refrigerators in the rooms.
55) Hospitality employees can be terminated
A) at the discretion of the supervisor.
B) any time for any reason.
C) with appropriate documentation about their performance.
D) for being overqualified for their position.
70) A patent for a hotel product can be considered a
A) protection against recall.
B) temporary monopoly.
C) fair-user guarantee.
D) permanent monopoly.
72) Unethical behavior is more likely to occur in people who
A) are open to new experiences.
B) have external locus of control.
C) have solid morals.
D) are emotionally unstable.
92) ____ are similar to benefit statements.
A) Situation questions
B) Need-payoff questions
C) Implication questions
D) Problem questions
96) Personal selling
A) is one standardized approach to selling to a wide range of customers.
B) involves indirect communication with the customer.
C) is a one-size-fits–all approach.
D) allows salespersons to adapt their presentations to the needs of individuals.
100) Good salespeople are not
C) customer oriented.
D) learning oriented.
59) The bell captain
A) enters guest information into the hotel guest database.
B) makes guest reservations.
C) carries guest luggage to the room.
D) checks the guest into the room.
91) _____ questions are those concerning the prospect's general business situation as it relates to your product.
57) Universities recognized as having top hospitality programs have ________ to connect potential employees with hospitality employers.
A) graduate programs
B) placement offices
C) offices of academic affairs
D) enrollment offices
89) Research indicates that the main reason people do not become repeat customers of a hospitality business is
A) lack of courtesy from salespeople.
B) overstocked merchandise.
C) complicated business policies.
D) inappropriate operating hours.
97) Which one of the following is not a type of room reservation?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service