2020 Returning Missionary Application
Thank you for applying to return as a 2020 Totus Tuus missionary in the Archdiocese of Dubuque! We are excited that you are considering this life-changing summer opportunity. Please prayerfully consider the questions below.
The following information pertains specifically to the Totus Tuus Program of the Archdiocese of Dubuque. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Joanne Pohland at
. This form includes the following:
Missionary Application Information
Team Member Application
MISSIONARY APPLICATION INFORMATION
1. Provide catechesis for students in grades 1–12 in six to seven different parishes within the Archdiocese of Dubuque.
a. Grades 1–6: Teaching in a classroom and large group setting, performing skits, playing games, and leading music for daily Mass (if applicable).
b. Grades 7–12: Instruction through large group talks, witness talks, leading small group discussions, fellowship and playing games.
2. Meet and greet parishioners at weekend Masses and speak about Totus Tuus at Mass.
3. Commit to daily prayer—Liturgy of the Hours (Morning, Evening, & Night Prayer), Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Mass and personal prayer time.
4. Be open to discerning one’s vocation.
5. Adhere to a rigorous schedule.
a. A typical day begins at 7:00 AM and ends around 10:00 PM. There is approximately two hours of free time each afternoon, but it is typically spent with the team.
b. Typical schedule while in parishes begins Saturday afternoon and ends Friday late afternoon.
c. Must be able to commit for the entire summer. (Please see important dates below.)
6. Work within a team environment.
7. Make sacrifices and be flexible.
8. Work well with adults at parishes and host families.
9. Read and study material and information necessary to be effective in your ministry.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Being a Totus Tuus missionary is an opportunity and privilege with great responsibilities. Missionaries are chosen from among faithful, energetic, and creative Catholic college students and seminarians. To be considered for this position, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Confirmed and practicing Catholic
2. Completed one year of college studies by May 2020 (minimum age 18)
3. Working knowledge of the Catholic faith
4. Desire to work with the youth
1. Read, complete, and submit the Totus Tuus application.
2. If applicable, the Archdiocesan Office will contact you to set up an interview. Interviews will be held at the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center, 1229 Mt. Loretta Ave, Dubuque, IA. If you cannot make it to an interview due to distance, phone/virtual interviews can be arranged.
3. If accepted, you will be sent more information regarding the upcoming summer (what to study, calendar of events for the summer, packing list, etc).
Each team member will be compensated at the rate of $300.00 per week of service and training. Housing and meals will be provided by the diocese during training weeks and provided by the parishes during teaching weeks.
During the summer, one member of each team will be assigned as driver, driving their own vehicle. He or she will receive reimbursement for miles driven. Reimbursement will only be given to travel pertaining to Totus Tuus; personal trips taken during the program will not be reimbursed.
Important Dates for 2020:
Missionary Applications Due: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Training and Other Preparations: Final dates are not yet set. Please set aside Sunday, May 24, 2020 – Saturday, June 6, 2020 (with some days off within that time period)
Summer Program in Parishes: June 7 – July 3, 2020
Week Off: July 4 - 10, 2020
Summer Program in Parishes: July 12 - 31, 2020
End of Summer Gathering: Friday, July 31, 2020 (until approximately 8:00 PM)
Director of Catechetical Services
Archdiocese of Dubuque
1229 Mt. Loretta Ave, PO Box 479
Dubuque, IA 52004-0479
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Archdiocese of Dubuque.