3rd Grade ELA Turkey Test (2017)
Directions: Carefully read the excerpt from the selection, "Ukulele Hayley." Then answer questions 1 through 5 by selecting the best answer.
1. Which sentence best states a central message of the story?
Learning to do something new takes time.
Making mistakes is a part of growing up.
Conquering fear can lead to success.
Sharing with friends brings happiness.
2. Which happens as a result of Hayley's performance in the talent show?
Many students respect Hayley's musical ability.
Many students learn to play the ukulele.
Skeeter starts a band for ukulele players.
Hayley understands how to be a celebrity.
3. Which sentence best explains why Hayley is chosen to perform in the talent show?
Other students think she is cool.
She plays the ukulele well in the tryouts.
Her act is more unusual than others'.
Her great-great aunt used to play music.
4. Why are paragraphs 4 through 7 important to the story?
They show how accepting Mr. Y is.
They describe how confused Tilly is.
They describe how worried Hayley's dad is.
They show how supportive Hayley's family is.
5. Which statement about the talent show is true?
Most students like Hayley's talent show act the best.
The talent show has performers from different grades.
Some performers canceled their acts in the talent show.
Hayley knows all the other performers in the talent show.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of East Newark School District.
Terms of Service