A greater variety of volunteer opportunities will be available after the transition. Please read the following descriptions to see which are of interest.
NOTE: SSL hours can be awarded for most of the tasks below. More details are at https://www.here2helpmc.com/ssl-guide
1) Prepping deliveries: Packing bags for deliveries at the St. John's facility. Please know that we will be employing best practices for COVID prevention.
2) Making deliveries: Serving as a delivery driver to distribute bags around the County. Please note that any drivers under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
3) Hosting a fundraiser or drive for supplies, such as non-perishables, diapers, etc.
4) Hosting a donation site: For collecting non-perishables, and creating bags. Ideally, site hosts would also help solicit donations.
5) Shift "captain" for bag-prep sessions: Ideally, volunteers would make an on-going, weekly commitment.
6) Delivery coordinator: Ideally, a long-term commitment of about 4 to 5 hours per week. More details available at https://www.here2helpmc.com/volunteer-jobs
7) Admin/back office assistance
8) Other: What would you like to offer? Let us know about your ideas, interests and experience! Needs include, but are not limited to, recruiting and organizing volunteers; grant-writing/fundraising; communications/marketing, etc.