IDEAL MENTOR* Over 35-years-old* Significant professional experience and demonstrated success in their industry* Demonstrated devotion to the Catholic faith, sacraments, and prayer life* Leadership involvement in their church parish* Involvement in other professional or industry-specific organizations* Desire to coach young professionals
GOALS1.To encourage Catholic identity in the workplace 2.To develop a stronger local business community & service-oriented culture 3.To assist the next generation of Catholic leaders in their career development 4.For mentors (and mentees) to inspire one another to grow in their Catholic faith
COMMITMENT6 one-hour long sessions over the course of one year
RESPONSIBILITIES• Commit to meeting six times over the course of one year • Respond promptly to email or phone communication • Assist mentee in developing spiritually and professionally • Serve as a resource, intermediary and referral contact • Provide insights and personal experiences on spiritual and professional matters
Those who speak on behalf of and/or publicly represent Young Catholic Professionals are asked to indicate their commitment to the following tenets of Church Teaching:
1) The Holy Eucharist is the real Presence of Jesus Christ.
2) Contraception: God designed conjugal love between a husband and wife as the complete gift of self; God’s plan for married love excludes the use of contraceptives.
3) Sanctity of Human Life: All human life is sacred from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death.
4) Papal Infallibility: As the successor of Saint Peter, the Pope possesses the charism of infallibility in regards to matters of faith and morals.
5) Premarital Sex: God has given the gift of intercourse exclusively for men and women as a fruit of the bond of Holy Matrimony.
6) Immaculate Conception: From the moment of her conception, the Blessed Virgin Mary was preserved from original sin.
7) Holy Orders: Only a baptized man can validly receive sacred ordination.