WalkPVD Ped-Friendly Business Application
Thanks for your interest! We believe strongly that walkability DEPENDS on neighborhood small businesses & third places (hangouts that attract regulars & build community), so we're determined to support those establishments.
Show us how you are promoting, enhancing, & catering walking in your own way. Acceptance into the program would mean:
- Enhanced promotion of your business & your ped-friendly initiatives on our social media (we currently have over 1200 followers)
- Inclusion of your business on our list & map of ped-friendly businesses on our website
- Ability to promote yourself as a designated ped-friendly business (we're considering providing window-clings!)
- Free technical assistance with attracting customers arriving by foot, designing sidewalk seating or displays, & navigating sidewalk or related infrastructure concerns with the City
- Research & updates on innovative sidewalk dining or shopping initiatives from around the world
- Peer-to-peer learning opportunities with other Providence businesses in the Program
* Businesses who we feel are going above & beyond, based on responses, will receive increased "featured" visibility on our website & social media.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Your business name & address:
Primary business type:
Drinkery (coffee, booze, juice, etc)
What benefits do you see in attracting more pedestrians to your business?
Which of the following features are true of your business?
You have a walk-up window
You are dog-friendly
You provide sidewalk seating that allows more than 3 feet of clearance for passersby
You display retail on the sidewalk & allow for more than 3 feet of clearance for passersby
You provide a bench/other public seating outside your business
You provide a water bowl outside your door for dogs
You have a semi-frequently changing, engaging window display
You allow public access to a restroom
You have a free water-filling station
Which of the following can you commit to if designated a ped-friendly business?
Regularly encouraging potential customers to walk to your door via social media
Routinely clearing your adjacent sidewalks of litter & debris
Being vocal with city commissions & officials regarding new/proposed ped-friendly programs and policies
Keeping more than 3 feet of clearance for passersby with any sidewalk display or seating
In the winter, taking care to shovel & salt quickly to maintain a safe sidewalk
Do you have any other ideas or initiatives which haven't been listed above?
Thoughts / concerns / suggestions:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service