Apel's Early Civilization final 17-18
Type in your last name.
What is your first name?
Type in your first name.
What period do you have social studies?
1. What does paleolithic mean?
new stone age
old stone age
honored person in society
tools and methods to do things
2. Who wrote the Sumerian laws or legal code?
3. What two metals mixed together make bronze?
copper and tin
amber and tin
copper and steel
iron and carbon
4. Taming an animal or plant for use by humans is called?
5. A city-state was made up of...
states and cities
stores and farms
cities, farmland and villages
countries and empires
6. Mesopotamia means...
land of plenty
land of Sargon and Hammurabi
land between two rivers
land of milk and honey
7. A skilled worker that makes useful things by hand is called ...
8. A belief in many gods is called...
9. Cuneiform is a type of writing that uses...
male scribes only could write
wet sand and water
wedge shapes created with a stylus in clay
pen and ink
10. The Tigris and Euphrates are
11. People who regularly moved from place to place in small groups were called?
12. Sumerian homes were made of ______ ________ .
13. provinces are?
14. Archaeologists hunt for
food and clothing
evidence buried in the ground where settlements might once have been
evidence of how human society has developed and changed
things to write about that happened in the past
15. water moved by ditches, canals and channels
16. People who study the stars and planets are called __________________.
17. Who found the iceman?
18. Sumerians tried to please their gods by building huge temples called?
hill of god
treasury at Ur
19. a group of many territories or nations under one ruler
20. Groups of traveling merchants that traveled together for safety
21. Nomads live __________ to __________.
month to month
day to day
pay check to pay check
22. What animal is always around when there are people and food storage? ______________ _____________
23. technology is
computers and iPads
tools and methods to help humans perform tasks
people who study and write about the human past
political districts that are a part of an empire
24. In a world without money how did people get things from each other?
25. How is reading and writing powerful?
26. What does a society need to be considered a civilization?
think of the items we put the the cradle
cities, government, art, writing, religion, class division
class division, democracy, writing, a city
Christianity, government, art, writing, class division
cities, government, art, writing, religion, king
27. What was one of the animals found on the gate of Ishtar?
the blue gate
28. What country took the gate of Ishtar to their country?
29. What does a “c.” on a time line mean?
currently or now
about or approximately
30. What was so important about the copper ax found with ӧtzi, the Iceman?
he wasn't murdered with it
that someone didn't take it
we didn't know that people could make that type of metal that long ago
so people could copy the design and make them today
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Nampa School District 131.
Terms of Service