Project Borealis - UI Artist
Be part of something exciting!
As a UI Artist, you will work closely with the Creative Director and Art Director to conceptualize, mock-up, and execute interface designs across many different systems in our game. We're looking for someone passionate about UI and player experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Understanding and building upon Half Life 2’s visual identity and design language
• Collaborating with a team of Directors, artists, and programmers to carry design from concept into final implementation
• Creating wireframes and concept sketches to support purposed UI interaction models
• Creating art assets like graphics, animations, and icons as identified by Project Directors
• Implement, animate, and maintain a consistent user flow throughout the entire project interface
These requirements are for our ideal candidate, so if you don't meet them please still feel free to apply!
• 3 years of experience in the games industry or related fields
• Experience using engine level UI Tools (e.g. Unreal, Source, idTech)
• Ability to quickly prototype and visualize engaging user experiences
• Strong visual design skills including typography and basic color theory
• Strong understanding of usability design principles
• Strong background in motion graphics
• Enthusiasm and passion for the Half Life series
• The ability to handle multiple assignments at once while staying organized
• The ability to contribute, on average, 8 hours a week to Project Borealis
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hoover.