Young Film Maker Competition
Attention, all budding filmmakers!
The Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival (HOGISFF) is calling for entries to its YOUNG FILMMAKERS Short Film Competition. The two awards are:
Best Young Filmmaker (National) Prize of $500 value
Best Young Filmmaker (Gympie Region) Prize of $500
PLUS – all filmmakers whose films are shortlisted will receive entry to a masterclass at the festival.
Entries close 7 SEPT 2019.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entry is FREE.
2. Entry is open any student who was enrolled in Grades 7-12 (Grade 13 in some states) anytime in 2018 / 2019. Films submitted in the past to our festival will not be accepted.
3. Films must be between 1 to 15 minutes long.
4. All submissions must fit within the Heart of Gold values. Thus the film submitted must be heart-warming, uplifting and thought provoking.
5. Foreign language films are eligible for entry.
6. The Artistic Director’s decision on entry eligibility is final.
7. Adult mentors involvement may support, however students must be directly involved in at least 55% of the film project. These areas may include scriptwriting, cinematography, production, editing and music. Film credits must reflect the areas students are responsible for.
8. HOGISFF may make the work available on its website and social media sites, for storage in the HOGISFF archives and for use in exhibitions under the curatorial direction of the HOGISFF.
9. Films selected as finalists will need to complete The DECLARATION (FORM 2) & The PARTICIPANT RELEASE FORM (FORM 3) to be provided along with notification of successful entry.
Digital Film Specifications:
Resolution: 1920x1080 or 1280x720 progressive or interlaced is acceptable.
File Type: .mp4 or .mov preferred.
Audio: Stereo 48k or higher or highest quality for the video format.
Films to be uploaded to Vimeo, Dropbox or via online File Transfer.
Film Maker Name
Film Maker Age
High School Attended 2018 / 2019
Year Level (Grades 7-13)
Names of other students involved in film production - please list each person, their age & school
Film length (1-15 min)
25 words or less synopsis of your film
Film to be uploaded to Vimeo, Dropbox or shared via online File Transfer such as HighTail. Please provide film link below or share via email to
COPYRIGHT AND USAGE: Music used (Permission documentation must be provided if selected as a finalist)
Copyright free music has been used.
Music for which you have gained copyright.
If shortlisted as a finalist I/we agree for my short film to be uploaded to HOGISFF’s Facebook page and/or website for a chance to be voted in our PEOPLE’S CHOICE award.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival Inc..