RailsBridge Board Application
The RailsBridge board has several openings! We have one immediate opening, and are also looking for two new board members to join on July 1st, 2016.
If you haven't read it, check out our blog post for more details about the RailsBridge board:
If you're interested in joining us, please help us get to know you a little bit better by filling out this form. If you know someone who you think would be an awesome board member (men and women welcome!), please nominate them by emailing us with why you think they'd be great (
) and we'll get in touch with them.
You can read through the full board charter on GitHub for details on how the board runs (
). Here are some of the more salient sections:
Responsibilities of the Board
* Support RailsBridge’s mission of making tech accessible to people from diverse backgrounds.
* Manage RailsBridge’s finances, in conjunction with Bridge Foundry.
* Establish teams and processes that foster organizational growth and volunteer happiness.
* Support teams and chapters to create sustainable growth.
* Assist in conflict resolution as needed.
Responsibilities of Board Members
* Serve on the board for a 2 year term
* Attend monthly board meetings
* Serve on at least one RailsBridge team or committee (i.e. finance, communications, geographic expansion, operations)
* Board members should expect to do around 10 hours of RailsBridge work per month, depending on the board member’s responsibilities
* Recruit new committee and board members
* Attend two RailsBridge workshops per year
Please see descriptions for volunteer roles here -
Which RailsBridge chapter(s) are you associated with? (for example, RailsBridge Savannah)
How long have you been involved with RailsBridge, and in what capacity?
What excites you about joining the RailsBridge board? What are you most interested in working on?
Can you commit to the board member responsibilities outlined above?
Anything else to share?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service