2020 NEHSJC Summer Program Application
Thank you for applying to the New England High School Journalism Collaborative's 2020 Summer Program, held from June 20 - June 27, 2020.
This is an all-expense paid opportunity. Housing and a major part of the program will take place at Regis College (Weston, Mass.). Program alumni will serve as Resident Assistants at Regis, and professional journalists will assist students. Application guidelines are as follows:
1. Only students recommended by a teacher are eligible,
2. Only students currently in high school may apply, including graduating seniors. The program is not accepting students who have already taken part in the program.
3. The online application form must be filled out completely.
4. A letter of recommendation from the sponsoring teacher must accompany the application.
5. A transcript from your school with your most recent grades must accompany the application.
6. An essay of no more than 500 words and submitted online is required by the applicant either on why you should be selected to participate in this program OR how writing has helped you explore and understand a problem in your life.
7. Students need to email a headshot to Christine Panek at
Please send your hard-copy transcript and teacher recommendation by mail to:
c/o New England Newspaper and Press Association
1 Arrow Drive Suite 6
Woburn MA 01801
Please submit your online application by March 2, 2020, and all hard-copy transcripts and teacher recommendations must be postmarked by March 2, 2020 as well. Students will be notified the first week of April of their status. Those students selected as semi-finalists will be required to have an in-person interview before the final selection is made.
Questions? Email Leah Lamson, NEHSJC managing director, at
Page 1 of 7
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of New England High School Journalism Collaborative.