Alternatives keynote presenters do not receive payment for their participation. Their conference registration will be covered. We will try to help keynote presenters with travel expenses if they need help and if our budget makes it possible.
In order to nominate someone as a keynote speaker for Alternatives 2019 you must first contact the person and ensure that they will be available on the scheduled dates to come to the conference if selected as a keynote presenter. The Alternatives Conference will take place on July 9th - 11th at Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.
Keynote speakers should be:
· people who can speak to the broader theme of the conference
· people who represent a range of diverse identities, including grassroots/emerging leaders, people of color, neurodivergent people, disabled people, and LGBTQ people
· people with different perspectives
· people who are unifying
· people who have a large potential reach
· people who are dynamic presenters to a large group in an auditorium
· people who will speak to the values of our community, such as self-determination, empowerment, and mutuality
· people who offer critical consciousness-raising and outside-the-box thinking about aspects of our movement, our work, our strategy, our approaches, our identities, our goals, our evolution