E-Commerce Sellers Survey
The purpose of the survey is to identify the pain points of small and medium sized e-commerce businesses in forecasting their demands and planning their inventory well.
The results would be used as inputs to prioritize and refine feature for an Forecasting and Inventory Planner app I am developing particularly to address this sector.
I am currently employed full-time and this is my personal side project which I am working on during my weekends and vacations :) .
Please read this blog post to know more about the background and motivation behind this.
Your inputs would be invaluable in developing the right solution and as a token of appreciation I would like to offer the following to all participants.
1) EARLY ACCESS of Beta Product (once completed).
2) Extended FREE TRIAL (upto 3 Months).
3) 40% Discount for those who would like to subscribe to an annual plan at the end of free trials.
4) A white-glove on-boarding when converting to a paid plan. (i.e 1-on-1 calls to support setup and use the product, discuss custom feature/integration requests or any other queries.)
In addition to above 1 randomly selected participant would get an Amazon Echo Smart Speaker as FREE GIFT.
(Subject to availability in the participants region or an equivalent item/cash voucher).
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Email id would only be used to uniquely identify participants for the lucky draw and for any further communication on these topics which would only be continued by your consent. The email id will not be shared with anyone and I will never spam you, ever.
1. What channels do you use to sell goods currently ? (Select all applicable)
Own Website (Custom built or using platforms like Shopify, Wix, Square Space etc.)
Own Brick & Mortar (B&M) Store(s)
Retail Market Places (Amazon, Etsy, etc)
Distribution to other B&M stores
2. If you use own website ,what platform is it built on ?
Self or custom built
I do not have my own website.
3. Marketplace where you sell ? (Select all applicable)
I do not sell on a Marketplace
4. How many unique Articles (SKUs) are in your offering ?
less than 10
10 to 50
50 to 100
100 to 500
more than 500
6. How many orders do you get per Month on an average ? (Combined across all channels ?)
less than 100
100 to 500
500 to 1000
1000 to 2000
more than 2000
5. Do you stock and manage physical inventory ? (Answer would be No in case you are exclusively doing drop-shipping and most likely Yes in all other cases.)
7. Do you manufacture your own products , i.e. you purchase raw materials from suppliers and produce the goods you sell yourself ?
Yes ,I exclusively sell handmade/self made goods.
No , I procure finished articles from supplier(s).
A mix of both
8. Select all that's applicable to your business.
There are instances when I run out of stock on some articles and miss many potential sales.
Sometimes I end up holding too much inventory for long for some items
I would like to gain more visibility of future demands so that I can optimally plan the replenishment of my stocks.
Managing inventory and stock is least of my worries.
9. What tools do you use to manage inventory ?(If you use an external inventory management software, please specify it in "Other")
Standard features available with my e-commerce or marketplace platform
Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets etc.)
Good old manual book keeping
10. Do you use any tool for sales or demand forecasting ? (Specify any software tools in "Other" option)
No, I dont think its important or needed for my business
I rely on human experience and expertise to forecast or estimate expected demands
11. Please describe the biggest pain point or challenge you face in terms of inventory and stock management , replenishment planning and order forecasting.
12. Can this pain point be solved by a software ? If so what would its key features be? Please feel free to describe in detail.
13. Do you believe that using a software that gives visibility on aspects like actual inventory costs, over stocks, out of stock, optimum replenishment cycles and quantities for articles, expected future demands etc. you could potentially decease your inventory costs, increase sales and there by grow your business faster ?
No, I know what I am doing. Software can only do so much, finally businesses run and grow on human intelligence.
Yes, and I am already using all the right tools for it.
Probably, but I don't think a such software exists ,surely nothing that is affordable for my current size of business.
14. What is the average monthly revenue (total sales) of your business at the moment in US Dollar.
less than 10,000 $
10,000 to 20,000 $
20,000 to 30,000 $
more than 30,000 $
Prefer not to say
15. What is the maximum amount you are willing to pay on monthly subscription for the right software that can help you with forecasting and inventory planning ? (In US Dollars) Hint: Decide the amount based on the order volumes. As an example, If the software could reduce your inventory holding and lost sales cost by 20% will spending half of that amount on this tool be OK ? (You can also suggest any another value in "Other" option)
Upto 50 $ per month
Upto 100 $ per month
Upto 150 $ per month
Upto 200 $ per month
I don't see the need for such a software.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service