THE IMPORTANT STUFF:
• Parade theme: Christ Is Born
• NO Santa - the Fire Dept. will have a truck with Santa.
• Non-perishable items and canned food must be turned in before line-up.
• Check-in starts at 5:00 PM.
• Line-up is assigned.
• You must be on-site no later than 5:15 PM unless approved in advance.
• No obscene music.
• You may hand out candy or toss candy during the parade.
• If you have more than one vehicle in your party, they must arrive at the same time.
• Inappropriate conduct is basis for automatic removal from the parade. Parade Chairman or law
enforcement officials will make determination. This will include, but is not limited to,
endangering or the potential of endangering anyone along the parade route.
• Walking units must be able to keep up with the speed of the parade and provide a banner or sign
with sponsor or group name.
• The event lasts from 6PM until 6:30/7:00 PM, unless hours are changed by the Rusk Chamber of
• All vehicles must be removed by 8:00PM. Do not leave trash behind.
• You are responsible for your own self, float, vehicle, float attendees/passengers. etc.
• You are responsible for operating your vehicle.
• Float riders shall not unload from the float until it stops at the designated end
• Cancellations must be made no later than 1 week prior to the event.
• Should this event be postponed due to weather, the alternate date will be announced by Rusk
Chamber of Commerce.
• You must have a sign on your float to be voted on during parade.
Dignitaries needing a magnetic sign for the car that they will be riding in can contact Leilani at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 903.683.4242