San Francisco Ignite Leadership in Youth is a youth-led organization that pushes middle school youth to pursue leadership, practice advocacy, teamwork, public speaking, and critical thinking.
The Leadership Mentor position is an opportunity to:
- Lead the public speaking sessions (1-2 hours each week for 8 weeks)
- Help plan leadership and public speaking curriculum for our students
- Present the curriculum/develop stronger public speaking+advocacy skills
- Be a part of a team supporting curious students eager to learn about leadership
- Serve as an informal mentor and leader to middle school students
This Fall, Leadership Mentors will mentor/guide middle school students in pursuing paths of leadership, curiosity, and service. This position is right for those who love working with youth, working in a team, and are comfortable with public speaking.
- 10th-12th grade student
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in teams
- Comfortable with public speaking
Mentors can earn up to 20 volunteers hours if they would like. Minimum is 15 hours total. Work and meetings are VIRTUAL for now.
APPLICATIONS DUE SEPTEMBER 5THsfily.org
Please email email@example.com
w/ any questions.