Welcome to our online car seat safety course! This is the first step to completing your car seat class. The second portion is your virtual install check with one of Foster Change's nationally certified child passenger safety technicians. This class and the installation check are free for Foster Change members.
1. This class starts with a pre-test just to see where you are starting from.
2. After completing the pre-test you will watch several videos and answer questions in each section.
3. We then direct you to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration website to watch videos specific to your installation needs.
4. You will review several handouts.
5. You will take the graded portion of the class. You must score 8/10 to pass this class.
You must pass the final quiz with a score of 8/10 to be able to schedule the IN-PERSON inspection portion. If you do not pass with 8/10, you can take the online class again. Once you have passed, a Foster Change staff member will send you an EMAIL to schedule your inspection. Once you have passed your IN PERSON inspection, we will provide you with your certificate of completion.
If there is more than one person completing the test, both must be present to do the installation.
Foster Parents must demonstrate the ability to install:
1. Rear-Facing Only Car Seat
2. Forward-facing Car Seat
3. Booster Seat
You must also demonstrate your ability to harness a child and describe when a child is ready to travel in seatbelt only.
In total, this educational portion and test should take you approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours to complete.
This course is best taken on a computer. You will have a hard time enlarging the videos on your phone.
DO NOT USE YOUR BROWSER'S BACK ARROW. You can use the "back" button at the bottom of each page.
If there are two of you watching the class (for example both your names are on the placement letter for the children), please be sure to put both of your names in the name section.
If you have issues accessing this class, please email email@example.com