• Officially founded in 2010, representing every movie, cartoon, comic book and aspect of the STAR WARS™ Universe.• Made up of over 4,500+ active Cadet members worldwide, and almost 900 Alumni graduates.• Currently comprised of 79+ worldwide Campuses and Schools (and growing!).• We are a fully self-sufficient self-governing organization, independent from any other STAR WARS™ costuming club.• We are NOT sponsored by Disney or Lucasfilm Ltd., although we are in communication with them. Check out some of our online media relations:
The Galactic Academy is managed by:• Organizational chart hierarchy,• Academy Commanding Officer (ACO), • Academy Security Officer (ASO). The ACO and ASO appoint all positions on an as-needed basis. Volunteers serve:• Until they chose to step down,• Or are asked to step down for violation(s) of Academy Charter/Operating Protocol.
However this is the line we have drawn in order to best protect our children. On occasion this requirement has been and will be relaxed by the Academy Commanding Officer in certain case-by-case scenarios, usually involving situations where the volunteer in question provides ad-hoc services away from sensitive areas of our operations (i.e.; an artist creating a trading card template), or in cases where the volunteer has been able to provide thorough background verification to the Academy above and beyond what is discoverable through a basic internet/social media search.
All volunteers SHALL BE vetted by Academy Staff, to include:
• Verification of their membership status through local Star Wars adult costuming organizations,• Online background searches for criminal activity or excessive civil litigation,• And the reviewing of applicable social media accounts for antisocial or inappropriately biased or intolerant postings.
The Academy requires a minimum of two (2) positive endorsements of recommendation from a randomized selection of local peer members in that volunteer candidate’s adult STAR WARS™ costuming organization or fan club. (Our Staff Officers will reach out to them -- you do not need to do anything on this.) Our Academy Staff will complete your vetting process as quickly as possible and contact you with feedback as quickly as possible regarding your possible candidacy.
• Academy Staff (administrators, admissions, managers, paperwork)• Academy Local-level Staff (Campuses and/or Schools) Our current Academy Academy STAFF OFFICER positions include:
• Academy Executive Officer (AXO): assists the ACO with duties as needed• Academy Communications Director (ACD): serves as “The Voice” of the Academy in social media outlets and Cadet Protector communications• Academy Admissions Counselor (AAC): processes and reviews new recruit submissions• Academy Public Relations Officer (APRO): serves as Academy advocate for public relations• Academy Legions Board Representative (ALBR): serves as Academy advocate for relations, communications and coordination between STAR WARS™ costuming groups • Academy Webmaster (AWM): content manager for Academy website and (eventual) message forums; must have ASP(dot)NET coding knowledge • Academy Events Coach (AEC): coordinates and maintains Academy events calendar, seeks out family-friendly events and communicates with Campuses and Schools • Academy Charter Trustee (ACT): maintains, updates and responds to questions regarding the Academy Charter• Academy Professor of Volunteers (APOV): coordinates and communicates with Cadet Protector volunteers• Academy Spirit Wear Coordinator (ASWC): reviews merchandise and communicates order status• Academy Dress Code Advisor (ADCA): communicates with Cadet Protectors and social media outlets on costume ideas • Academy Staff Artist (ASA): develops Academy graphics; assists Campuses and Schools with Logo creation• Academy Forums Moderator (AFM): moderates the (eventual) Cadet Protector’s message forums
Our current Local-level Staff CAMPUS (country or shared language country grouping) positions include:
• Academy Campus Superintendent (ACS): serves as chief administrator for Academy Campus level events and social media communications• Academy Campus Assistant Superintendent (CAS): assists Campus Superintendent with duties as needed• Academy Campus Guidance Counselors (GC): non-appointed, non-staff positions who provide assistance and subject matter expertise in merchandise runs, costume creation, event coordination and outreach initiatives to Staff member; MAY NOT BE granted access to Staff areas but MAY BE granted moderation access to social media
Our current Local-level Staff SCHOOL (state, province, region or large metropolitan area) positions include:
• Academy School Principal (ASP): serves as chief administrator for Academy School level events and social media communications• Academy Assistant School Principal (SAP): assists School Principal with duties as needed• Academy Classroom Teacher (CT): serves as area coordinator in those Schools divided by large land mass or spread out Cadets
© 2010 – 2019 The Galactic AcademyThe Galactic Academy™ is an independent, all inclusive worldwide STAR WARS™ costuming organization and fan club for kids, ages zero through seventeen years, comprised of, and operated by, STAR WARS™ fans. The Galactic Academy is not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd. STAR WARS™, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.