*** All performers must read, understand, and physically sign The Torch Theatre's Code of Conduct. A digital copy of the Code of Conduct is available to read at http://j.mp/torchcc and physical copies to read and sign are available at the Torch box office. Since March 2017, we've been collecting Code of Conduct signatures from performers before their shows and will continue. Please pass this information to the people of your group. ***
This form is to submit your availability for The Torch Theatre's October / November 2018 programming schedule. Submitting your availability doesn't guarantee a spot on the schedule but hopefully, it makes the process of sharing your availability more clear and streamlined.
You may notice that there are no time slots/shows available to submit for after 11/24. We'll be sharing more details soon but The Torch Theatre will be closed for renovations through the end of the year. We are excited to unveil all of the coming changes to you soon and to kick off 2019 refreshed and renewed!
EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION:It's actually more accurate to say that we'll be running a very limited schedule from November 25th through the end of the year. Classes will still take place and class showcase performances will take place as normal. Sorry for any confusion!
Please read through as thoroughly as possible and fill out information as completely as possible.
Things to note:
- Hold on to a copy of your group's info (such as your roster of members, group description, group history, etc.) if you think you'll be interested in submitting in the future as well. Since it's been three months since the last submission period, that's enough time for some rosters to have changed and keeping track of it on our end can be a chore. I suggest using whatever your preferred way of writing notes for yourself (Google Docs, Word, or your phone's notes app) or even emailing yourself.
- Please be specific & upfront about your group's rehearsal information and who your current coach is. Show quality is directly affected by a group's rehearsal habits and potential show quality is one of the factors used to help program the show schedule. Occasionally, we check in with the coaches that groups mention to make sure that groups are sticking with their stated rehearsal schedule and for perspective on individual group's development.
- General Show Times:Thursdays @ 8pm (The Jump)Fridays @ 8:30pm (The Trifecta)Fridays @ 10pm (The Future)Saturdays @ 7pm (The Revolver)
- We're looking for longform improv groups in The Torch Theatre community who can put on a great show (that is, that wonderful mix of great scenework & group play that leads to cohesive and compelling performances). Preference for scheduling in The Trifecta and The Revolver will be given to performers who have a proven track record, who will promote their shows, and who rehearse regularly with a coach or director. There's more leeway in The Jump and in The Future for newer groups & projects but we hope that folks will be just as equally committed to promoting their outings and rehearsing. Also, there is a preference of larger ensembles (5 people or more) over smaller groups (4 or less) for the sake of facilitating more stage time for more performers. Finally, we highly encourage groups that have never performed before at The Torch to submit to Cagematch first before submitting to the general schedule.
- Additionally, teams & shows that submit their availability via this form are subject to having their shows evaluated by members of The Torch Theatre's board, being given notes & feedback on their performances, and having evaluations of their show be considered in creating future show schedules.
- There are great opportunities for people of all levels to play in Bingo Jam (1st Saturdays @ 6:30pm), Riot Jam (2nd Fridays @ 10pm), Cagematch Jam (3rd Saturdays @ 10pm), and Flash Jam (4th Friday @ 10pm).
- To submit for Cagematch (Saturdays @ 10pm) or The Run (four-week runs on Saturdays @ 8pm), visit http://www.thetorchtheatre.com/subs/
- Torch Performer Page (info on promoting shows with 2-for-1s, getting comp tickets to give to guests, the Torch Code of Conduct, information on Torch Board meetings, getting a coach for your team, signing up for use of the Annex, etc.) The code is 4721:http://thetorchtheatre.com/performers
Questions, thoughts, or feedback? Let me know via firstname.lastname@example.org