- Must be a young woman aged 17-25
- Must be currently in high school and/or university(Priority: Students from Public High Schools & University)
- Must show keen interest in journalism/current events/film
- Must be available for training:15th-30th of May,(10:00-15:00).
- Must submit a complete application by 5th of May 2015 at 24:00
- Chosen finalist will be contacted for a personal interview.
To be considered, applications must include all of the following:
- Application form with all fields filled out (see below)
- A letter or email (firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com ) from a school, association or professional person clearly explaining the candidate’s interest in journalism, writing, art and/or community activism
KosovaLive Organization in partnership with international award winning GlobalGirl Media is establishing a girl's news academy and bureau in Prishtina, for educating and empowering Kosovo girls in new age media. The bureau is part of the greater international GGM family in Los Angelos, South Africa, London, Oakland, Chicago, Morocco, and New York that work in developing the voice and self-expression of teenage girls in underserved communities by training them to become citizen journalists, and harnessing the power of new digital media to inspire social activism and change in their communities.(Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1y7eJ0G)
We invite interested girls from 17-25 years old to apply for the “GIRL BE HEARD”, digital journalism, leadership and production training workshop for empowering and increasing the capabilities and skill-capacity of high school and university girls in Kosovo. From then on, for 12 months 15-20 paid girls will produce content continually each month, under the guidance of KosovaLive, to be featured locally and internationally. Attendance from GlobalGirls is important and it is required that they are ready to make an initial two week commitment for the academy (May 15th-May 30th), and a regular weekly meeting (We will write requests for permission for school for selected participants).
The "Girl be Heard" training will be lead by award-wining documentary and film producer, Amie Williams, (Yale: English & Theater Arts; UCLA Film Production) Executive Director and Co-founder of GlobalGirl Media. Amie Williams, has produced, directed, edited over 100 projects, from feature documentaries, industrials, television specials and spots for PBS, Current TV, Al Jazeera English, Discovery Channel, California Democratic Party, Canadian TV, labor unions (SEIU UNITEHERE, AFTRA) and BBC.
For questions regarding the KosovaLive-GlobalGirlMedia (GGM) girl's news bureau please contact:
KosovaLive Organisation, Pallati i Shtypit, Media Aneksi II, Prishtina, Kosova, 10000, firstname.lastname@example.org, +381 38 248 276/277
Information session for all interested girls will be held on the 20th of April, from 12:00-13:00 at KosovaLive Offices.