The Harcourts Art Challenge 2019 in conjunction with the The Big Arts Day Out Exhibition - January 9, 10 & 11 2019.
The theme for this challenge is "Colours of Nature"
The aim of the Arts Collective Whangamata/Harcourts Art Challenge is to foster and encourage artists living and working in the Coromandel Peninsula. The competition is open to artists in Coromandel, Bay of Plenty and Waikato.
The winning 3 prizes in each category are proudly donated by HARCOURTS WHANGAMATA.
All the artworks are available for viewing and for sale during the "Big Arts Day Out" event.
The "Big Arts Day Out" will be held at the Memorial Hall, Port Road, Whangamata in conjunction with the Arts Collective/Harcourts Challenge. This will be preceded by a night of music, wine and nibbles on Wednesday 9 January, 5:30 - 7:30pm. Tickets will be available at the Information Centre and the Harcourts Whangamata office in December.
Awards for:Supreme Winner from the top 2D and 3D - Trophy1st Places from 2D and 3D - $5002nd Places from 2D and 3D - $2503rd Places from 2D and 3D - $100
We would like to thank our Sponsors. We really appreciate your contribution to make this Challenge happen for our Arts Community.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Theme: "Colours of Nature" - your work is to represent this theme.
2. Artwork may in any medium; must have sufficient hooks to hang or be ready for display.
3. Entry is open to Coromandel Peninsula, Waikato & Western BOP residents.
4. The selection of the artwork to be exhibited is the decision of the Whangamata Arts Collective Executive Committee and no further discussion regarding the selection will be entered into.
5. Maximum of 2 ENTRIES PER PERSON. No multiples unless part of a triptych. Total size of the artwork must not exceed 1.25m W x 1.50m H.
6. Entry Fee: Whangamata Arts Collective Members: $20 first piece and $10 for the second piece. Non-Members: $40 first piece and $10 for the second piece.
7. All work must be the original, sole work of the artist and have been completed in the the last 12 months, and not previously exhibited.
8. All artwork must be professionally presented and clearly identified - See tag example below
9. All artworks must be for sale and must stay for the duration of the exhibition. Any item sold will attract 10% Commission. This will be donated to a local charity.
10. This entry form must be submitted by December 14 2018. Entry can be made by entering your details below. Hard copy entry forms are available from Harcourts and Whangamata Info Centre and may be sent with a cheque to: Sue Jamieson - 306 Hetherington Road, Whangamata 3620 alternatively, scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Artworks MUST BE DELIVERED to Whangamata Memorial Hall on Tuesday 8th January between 9am and 12 noon. In the event of this not being possible, works may be sent (to be received by or before Monday 7th January) by courier to: Arts Collective C/- Cherry Estcourt, 102 Moana Anu Anu Ave, Whangamata 3620.Please send sufficient return postage or courier tickets with your entry (these will be sent back to you if not needed)
12. Artworks MUST BE COLLECTED between 3 and 4pm Friday 11 January. If collection can not be made in person, please nominate someone to pick up for you.
13. All risk, insurance and courier costs are the responsibility of the artist. Arts Collective Whangamata takes all care but no responsibility for your artwork.
For extra details please visit out website www.artscollective.co.nz
Friday 14 December - deadline for entry forms to be completedMonday 7 January - couriered Artwork to be receivedTuesday 8 January - 9am - 12 noon - Artwork to be delivered to the Memorial Hall WhangamataWednesday 9 January - Judging of challenge and winners notifiedWednesday 9 January - Between 5:30pm - 7:30pm presentation of prizes to winners of the challenge at Memorial HallThursday 10 - Friday 11 January - Artworks on display and for sale during the "Big Arts Day Out Challenge II" weekendFriday 11 January - Between 3pm - 4pm - Artworks to be collected from Memorial Hall (unless sold - we will notify artists)
Bank Account Number: 02-1254-0026782-000
Particulars: Your nameReference: Challenge
Fees: Members - $20 first piece/$10 second piece Non-Members - $40 first piece/$10 second piece