5th Grade ELA Turkey Test (2017)
Directions: Carefully read the excerpt from the article, "Clara Barton." Then answer questions 1 through 5 by selecting the best answer.
1. How do paragraphs 1 through 4 support a main idea of the article?
by describing how well Clara did at school
by showing how Clara's parents made decisions
by showing Clara's behavior around other people
by providing details about Clara's cousins
2. Read this sentence from paragraph 5: "But it was a little late to rein Clara in now." What does the phrase "to rein Clara in" suggest?
Clara was to old to play with her cousins.
Clara was often outside after dark.
Clara was determined to learn new things in the country.
Clara was unable to ride horses.
3. Which detail would be most important to include in a summary of the article?
Clara learned how to ride horses at a young age.
Clara had a great aunt who was a skilled midwife.
Clara was seriously hurt while ice skating with her cousins
Clara remembered how good it felt to care for her brother.
4. What do paragraphs 5 and 6 show about Clara?
Clara is active and adventurous.
Clara is obedient and intelligent.
Clara is quiet and cooperative.
Clara is creative and serious.
5. How did Clara's relationship with her brother David most affect her life?
By doing chores for David, Clara realized she enjoyed living at home.
By caring for David when he was injured, Clara developed a desire to help others.
By giving David his medicine, Clara learned about effective medical treatments.
By being home when David fell to the ground, Clara felt responsible for his injuries.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of East Newark School District.
Terms of Service